TJ Trans Case & driveshaft Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

TJ Trans Case & driveshaft

Email Bookmark Print
JayTheJeeper

Jeep Information

Well, it happened to me...
I was driving down the highway when I noticed a pretty bad driveline vibration. It went on for a little while and I was trying to limp it home. Then I hear that ever so wonderful BOOM! I look u underneath and see the trans case (NP 231) leaking fluid like a motha. Upon inspection I see a giant hole in the trans case where the front shaft input is. From my reading I'm seeing that my U-joints were probably bad causing the issue. I get home and pull the transfer case as well as the front shaft. U-joints were so impossible to move. I found my problem! The ball and socket looking joint had completely blown apart which I am assuming is the CV joint? I ordered and new front driveshaft and am looking for the appropriate trans case now. I ordered new universal joints for the rear just to replace them while I am under there. My question is....once I get the new (used) transfer case, do I need to worry about anything not linking when putting both shafts into the case. I didnt mark anything when I was taking it out because....well I dont know why. New guy to the mechanical side of things so any help is much appreciated. Thank you all in advance!
02 tj 2.5l manual trans

Tags
None

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome