Head Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Head

Email Bookmark Print
hawaiian808
vista

Jeep Information

Wats up guys,
This weekend I heard the infamous flutter of an exhaust leak, so I bought a new gasket took everything apart and and upon finishing I started to tighten in the top manifold bolt, and to my surprise I wouldn’t tighten correctly it would grip to a certain point and start all over again!
long story short last time I took it in for a gasket change when I used to live in Los Angeles cause I didn’t have the time to do it myself, I suspected that when they replaced it last, the person snapped the bolt in the head 😡 obviously didn’t say anything!
So I took it to a local shop near me and the guy looked down in there and said yup a nice piece snapped way on the inside!
The guy was pretty up front, and said to get it out, when it’s that far in, machine shop blah blah blah.... 😶 which is to be expected!
So I ended up ordering a new one from promaxx performance, the mechanic said it’d would’ve been 1/3-2/3 the cost of a new one to get the old bolt and everything out, that and my Jeep is hitting 240000+ miles already. Was that a smart idea lol?
And if so, when I go to remove the old head, would it be better to remove it when it’s a little warm to avoid busting anything?
And what else would be good to replace if so? Since all that’s coming off? Some people say timing chain! Why?

sorry for the long blah blah blah!
Thanks guys 🤙🏾

Tags
None

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome