The Goblin

Jeep Information

Year:2002

Model:Wrangler Sport

Engine:4.0L

Transmission:Automatic

Tires:BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A

Wheels:Custom

Here is my very first Jeep! We lovingly call him "The Goblin." I've wanted a Jeep since I was 16 (I'm now 41) and I'm thrilled to say I finally have one. He's old, but he's still got a lot of life in him and I'm excited for the adventures we are going to have together. Just picked him up from the dealer the other day so I apologize that these are the only pictures I have so far. More to come!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

The Goblin

View The Goblin's Jeep
03-04-2020, 09:13 PM
Needless to say, this has already been an adventure.

The automatic transmission was freaking out so I had the torque-converter clutch replaced, which didn’t fix it. Turns out the transmission can’t figure out the 33” tires the previous owner put on it so the torque converter clutch is going crazy so it’s going into the shop next week to get new differential gears.

There were a ton of codes that showed up because the dealer just cleared them instead of fixing them.

I’ve replaced the battery because it was 10 years old.

The alternator was dead so I replaced that.

An o2 sensor was dead so I replaced that.

Multiple evac leak codes so I replaced a totally warn harness of tubes that was held together with duct tape and hose clamps.

The thermostat is stuck open so I will be replacing that.

Put a new serpentine belt on it because it was trash.

It had a nasty click near the front of the engine, treated the oil with Sea Foam, changed it and added Lucas, and the click went away.

It has a weird clanking noise underneath that sounds like it’s coming from the oil pan so after a bunch of research I pulled out the torque-converter bolts in the flex plate one by one, put lock tite on them and put them back in nice and tight which solved the problem... until the next morning when I turned on the engine and the clanking sound was back... sigh.

This has definitely been an adventure, and I’ve only had it for 6 weeks...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome