Rear Axle:Original??

Axle Gear Ratio:Original??

Suspension:Original??

Tires:31x10.5

Wheels:15

Armor:N/A

Recovery Gear:N/A

Accessories:Sterio, Amp, Rear speakers, Fog lights, 4sw mid-panel

Future Modifications:New 4.0L w/NSG370 & NV241, Roof rack, rock lights, Rear Lights, Zombie lights

Used to have a sweet CJ7 a few years ago, refurbished it from the ground up, and I left it with W1. Searched around a bit and located this little white wrangler in Sacramento, low miles, and drove it home.
Did not have any idea however, due to my previous experience with the 6 cyclinder, that this would be so under powered. I figured out in a hurry that the little 4 banger likes to be run at a little higher RPMz. It does not have near the low end torque that the old CJ7 had. Anyway, it is what it is. I got it home and promptly tuned it up; Plugs, wires, coil, cap, rotor. Now it fires up immediately, no 2or 3 revs. Have not taken it out much yet, I am hoping that it gets better mileage than my 98 Durango, which it did not do on the trip home from Ca. I was poking around and noticed that it is supposed to have a little higher compression ratio, which would account for the noticable difference from lower to higher octane fuel.
Still trying to figure this one out.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Ipster
View Ipster's Jeep
06-09-2019, 08:25 PM
Drove 4cyl as my first Jeep, learned to love it! Ran 178k on its clock. Im at 4000elevation w/last 1000’@<1.5mile. Past 160k the lil engine, t’was struggling, but hey no complaints. Depends on your main use. Many of us complain of mileage. I suspect once you learn the feel, you will be happy. Which tranny? Spend 6 mos in her... see for yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome