Suspension:OEM Maybe Shackles

Tires:235/75r15

Wheels:OEM 15"

Armor:NA

Recovery Gear:NA

Accessories:NA

Future Modifications:Light build

1990 YJ

My wife and I live in the Florida Keys, wanted a vehicle that we could enjoy the weather in and have fun doing a small build. I always build my vehicles and now the wife wants to do one with me. We have owned it for about 6 months now. The Jeep has been a few different colors before, but it is green for now. Body is pretty clean and the frame is perfect. Had 240k on the clock and metal in the oil, so we got a reman unit fro LKQ. Had an experience with them, but that's not what I'm here for.

We have already put in new front seats, sliders, seatbelts, and a center console. For sound I installed a Kenwood radio, Kicker front speakers, and VDP Wedges with the Boss speakers that came with them. We also installed a new soft top, and ordered a bikini to replace the older one that came with the jeep. Oh, and Jeep came with a hardtop that had good glass, and just needs some very light bodywork, and window seals. Of course the doors came off as soon as we had originally arrived home with it, but we now have some tube doors and are going get some factory half doors. For now the OE rear seat is fine but it's at the end of its life, and OCD wants it to match the front anyways. Definitely looking for a family roll bar in the future, and a nice job of lineX on the floor. One real big highlight for me is all the gauges work including the clock, I was able to score a brand new OEM flex circuit, or whatever they are called, I just have to replace a few bulbs. The only other thing we are going to do interior-ish wise is A/C.

The engine already had a ford 2150 carb and upgraded ignition when we got it. I replaced the carb along with the radiator and did a clutch kit when we did the reman swap. Still want to go through the wiring in the engine bay. Thinking of ordering a painless harness. Also debating swapping the head and/or manifolds.

For exterior we have put in new LED headlights and a new license plate mount, that's it, err besides the soft top. Going to do some simple steal bumpers with d rings and get a winch. We are at a toss up of a 2.5" lift or a 4". Plan to run 31" or 33", respectively, with an aggressive A/T or hybrid. Plan to do some light wheeling throughout Florida.

Thats about it for now. I'm sure I have forgotten something(s) though.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome