Cannot get brakes to work! Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Cannot get brakes to work!

Email Bookmark Print
GeorgiaJeepYj

Jeep Information

Hey everybody could really use some Jeep YJ experts help on this on, I have a 88 YJ, I just swapped to a AX15 and while I was at it I replaced the Brake master cylinder because you’d have to pump the brakes to stop.. I went ahead and replaced the front brake pads also,
I very carefully bench bled the MC for a solid 30 minutes before install, but I have been bleeding and bleeding the brakes with no luck (BTW second brand new MC) the rear drum brakes seem to be fully bled, but the front will not bleed. I made a self bleeder with a clear hose and a plastic bottle with a little fluid in it to keep the air from going back in, I have put a solid 6 big bottles of brake fluid through it, and still air coming out of front driver and passenger sides. I have checked the hard and rubber lines and
they seem to not be leaking. One thing odd I found was after multiple bottles of brake fluid I got angry and stomped the pedal, now pitch black dark fluid comes out of only the driver side front which confused me because of how much brand new fluid I have put through the system, I’m at a total loss any help would be appreciated!!

Tags
None

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome