Registered YJ User
|Front Axle:||Dana 30|
|Rear Axle:||Ford 8.8|
|Axle Gear Ratio:||4.10|
|Suspension:||SOA (Spring Over Axle) Leaf Springs|
|Tires:||33 inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain|
|Wheels:||15 inch Aluminum Alloy|
|Armor:||Rock Sliders / Steps welded to frame|
|Recovery Gear:||Badlands 12k winch w/ synthetic rope mounted to front|
|Accessories:||Light bar, CB, Rock lights|
My son and I bought this Jeep in July 2021 and commenced doing a pretty intensive rebuild / uprade to it. Someone had started a SOA conversion with a Ford 8.8, but did not finish it. We finished it.
We completely removed the entire rear end, cleaned up the Ford 8.8, replaced fluid, welded on new lower shock mounts, rebuild disc brakes and new parking brake.
Also dropped the gas tank because we needed to do frame welding on the rear frame where the leaf springs attach. These sections needed to be replaced. Cleaned body underneath where the gas tank and rear end were and did rust prevention.
New leaf spring bushing / boomerang shackles / greaseable bolts all the way around, and new shocks all the way around.
Raptor liner the entire inside and out of the jeep, Tintable Raptor liner blue for the outside.
New heavy-duty steering box with support bar.
Replace some engine parts for reliablity
- engine fan, fan clutch, fan cowling, radiator, radiator hoses, water pump and housing and hoses, and thermometer, power steering pump and hoses, spark plugs, distributor cap, spark plug wires, and coil.
Plan on doing all sensors over time, we don't want to do them all at once so there isn't any problems.
Completely gutted the interior. New windshield frame and glass. New Best top Black denim seats front and back. New seat belts (blue) front and back. New upgraded shift boot and plate (slightly modified due to transfer case drop because of SOA lift), new lockable center console and lockable glove box. New stereo and speakers w/ speaker box in front of shift boot. Completely cleaned up and painted all dash components and new led lights in gauges and new glass for all guages. Custome shift knobs. New steering wheel.
Some other add ons:
-Badlands 12000 lb winch with synthetic rope
-new bikini top and roll bar covers
-new light bar, interior lights, and rock lights all wired to switches on the dash
-horn blasters air horn, wired to dash switch
-Cobra CB and 4-foot flex antenna
-rock sliders/steps welded to the frame
-new grab handles for driver and passenger
-flush tail lights
-hood brush cables
As of today 11.21.21, this project is about 95% complete, we are being held up because we have not received the steering box and windshield glass yet. Once we receive these items (any day now), we will be able to finish installing all the items mentioned above as we have everything ready to go.
I will upload pictures as soon as I can. I really want to wait until it is completed, but I may upload some to show the work we did so far because it is mostly done.
I HAVE A PICTURE ALBUM ON MY PROFILE
Feel free to ask me any questions you would like about the work we performed.