Year:93

Model:yj

Engine:v8 350

Transmission:th350

Transfer Case:231

Front Axle:30

Rear Axle:35

Axle Gear Ratio:4.10

looking for advice on turning a th350 transmission from 2wd to 4wd. also would like some help with load issues. isntalled new alternator in the process of changing wires out. when under full load (driving heat on wipers going all lights on ect.) my voltage will drop from roughly 13 to 12v or less. in the process of rewiring the alternator with a dummy light to see if that will fix the issue. Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem. when i stomp on the gas while in park the voltage gauge will go from 12v to roughly 13v in idle after starting up. Thanks guys!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

AZdEvilYJ

View AZdEvilYJ's Jeep
09-15-2021, 10:29 PM
Probably need a larger gauge charge wire. Google big 3 wire Upgrade. Use a resistor inline rather than a dummy light. Easier and more reliable overall, unless you can wire it up to your factory dash charging light, than that’s the best way.

You’d be better off looking for a 4wd th350 or th400. You’ll have to source a 4wd main shaft and completely rebuild it around that shaft, and source an extension housing to replace the tailcone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome