89 Jeep Wrangler Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

89 Jeep Wrangler

Email Bookmark Print
James R Smith

Jeep Information

Hello I’m new to the site I have a 1989 Jeep Wrangler yj I purchased it after driving to the mountains to look at a couple of them I found my Jeep in poor condition did not run flat tires and the interior was just laying loose after having it delivered to my home I successfully got it to start wich was the first obstacle I then dropped the tank and removed the varnish aka the gas from the tank ordered a new fuel pump then reinstalled finally got the jeep running completely on its own bolted in the drivers seat and seatbelt and took it on its maiden journey. (Boy was I surprised) when I took the turn out of my driveway and felt instantly there was a major problem! I immediately backed up and pulled back into the garage. After extensive search I found that someone had cut holes in the frame to access the nuts holding the transmission bracket and skid plate on and one had cracked almost completely around the frame so at that point I realized the tub must be removed to find all the cracks and holes in the frame and immediately started breaking the bolts and finding all of the bolts were rusted solid and needed to be cut after removing the entire body and accessing the frame I repaired a total of 15 spots in the frame that were either rusted out or cracked the broken part of the frame was repaired by sleeveing the frame with 1/4 inch steel after fixing the frame and reinstalling everything I have since replaced the steering box, the fuel tank , a second fuel pump, 3 fuel filters, fuel injection and a fres rebuild on the carburetor new front seats out of a 2012 Jeep Liberty, all hoses temperature sensor leaf springs front bumper wich I built led tail lights battery brakes emergency brake cables I am finally able to start driving it on a constant basis.

Tags
None