Transfer Case:Dana 300

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:AMC 20 w/ forged axles

Axle Gear Ratio:4:10

Suspension:4" BDS

Tires:33"x 12.50" BFG

Wheels:Mickey Thompson bullet holes

Future Modifications:5.3l GEN IV with 6L80 tranny

About to pull the weak 258ci and T5 tranny and put in a GEN IV 5.3l LH6 with a 6L80 tranny. I hope to get helpful tips from all of the experience on this website and to share some of the learnings that I get out of this project.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

DJsJK
View DJsJK's Jeep
12-26-2018, 01:20 AM
6l80
How did your build go. Iím doing an LS with 6l80 now. How did you configure your shifter?

SeaJ8
View SeaJ8's Jeep
01-02-2019, 10:42 AM
The Jeep is running. I used a Lokar electronic sport shifter to work the 6L80E.
Used a Tap-n-Cruise unit to send the signals from the shifter to the TCM for when I want to shift the tranny manually.
It's basically just like a dual gate shifter that I used to have in '67 GTO.

DJsJK
View DJsJK's Jeep
01-03-2019, 11:54 AM
Lokar Shifter
I ordered the Lokar shifter as well. Their tech service department has been useless helping me source a transmission controller. I was about to box it up and send it back to them. I will look into the Gap n cruise. Any problems adapting with the Lokar three wire set up? Thanks for the feedback.

SeaJ8
View SeaJ8's Jeep
01-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Wiring up the Lokar shifter to the Tap n Cruise box wasn't too bad. The wiring diagrams and instructions that came with the TnC were pretty thorough.
Bob Valentine, the engineer with TnC, is really helpful too. You would want to talk to him before you order it anyway to tell him what you are using it for and he can pre-configure it for your application to make the install easier. I used it to also add cruise control and a Tow/Haul button. If you get the display that goes with it you can see the gear shifts and cruise control speed settings as well. In the future I may also use it to help with remote start.
Any other questions you have let me know. You will be really happy with the result once you get your running with the 5.3l..

SeaJ8
View SeaJ8's Jeep
01-09-2019, 01:08 PM
I attached a photo of the shifter and console that I installed. It also shows the display and Tow/Haul button.
The console came out of an Isuzu trooper

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome