maxamellious

Jeep Information

Year:1980

Model:CJ7

Engine:258

Transmission:T5

Transfer Case:C300

Tires:Yokohama Geolander

Accessories:HEI Distributor, Electronic Ignition, Weber 38, and more..

Hello!

So, I've decided to take the plunge and buy a Jeep. The theory is the Jeep will be something the entire family can enjoy. I've always been a motorcycle kind of guy, and have reached a point in my life where things are changing.

After doing quite a bit of research, market evaluations, and just getting a better idea of what Jeeps are selling for based on condition etc. I decided to buy a two owner CJ7. This thing does not have a square inch of rust on it and everything works. Now it's time to address some of it's underlying (40 yr. old issues).

Most (if not all) of the gaskets/seals appear to be weeping oil. Can anyone shine a little light on where to start with a project like this? IMHO I was going to change the engine oil, and all the gear oil.

Might I add, I drove this from the Jeeps private owners home 450 miles without a hitch! Passes my worthiness test!

Thank you in advance for all of those that provide me with genuine, and value added answers! Take care.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments