My 1980 cj7 build Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-7 Next Jeep

My 1980 cj7 build

Email Bookmark Print
Babayaga85

Jeep Information

Hey everyone I just purchased a 1980 cj7 with a trashed rear end, and the whole truck needs a lot of TLC. My plan is to pull it apart and do a complete frame off build. I’ll need lots of advice along the way so stick around this should get interesting!!! A little about me, I am a custom fabricator by trade so none of the welding or fab work will be an issue at all. However I will take any and all advise along the way, I’ve built a few 4 link systems but that was from someone else’s blue print, this Jeep will be done completely one off!! No over the counter parts as far as the cage, suspension. Bumpers, sliders, or stuff like that. So let’s get to the fist issue.... it’s got a amc 20 in the rear, it needs totally rebuilt!!! It locked up the pinion bearing from no oil! So I’ve done some digging and I’ve found that they make a one piece axle conversion kit for it, but is it really the best option or should I look around for a different rear end? And if so what? I’ve been looking at Dana 44s but I’m not rich and I’m married!! So I got to keep cost down where I can!

Tags
None

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome