Transmission:T5

Transfer Case:Dana 300

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:AMC 20

Suspension:2.5

Tires:33x12.5R15

Accessories:Warn 8274

Future Modifications:Holley Sniper EFI

Purchased this '84 CJ7 about 8 months back after I came back from my deployment. Been slowly bringing it back close to stock and running smooth.

Supposedly 1st owner used this CJ7 on the ranch. Originally Sunshine Yellow and I assume soft top.
2nd owner purchased and did a restoration project. Built it for his father and painted blue. Sold at supposed 30k on the odometer (no 100k mark)

As the current owner I have been slowly repairing and refurbishing to as close as stock as possible. Underhood is relatively untouched. Many components still exist and wired/vacuum hosed correctly.

So far I have redone all the vacuum hoses, rebuilt Carter BBD carb, removed aftermarket stereo systems, replaced bell housing, replaced valve cover and oil pan gasket.
While removing the oil pan gasket I came to conclusion it was the original gasket as it felt like old paper or dried out compressed cork that was difficult to remove without help from a wood chisel and heatgun. The timing chain has a lot of slack but the cylinder walls felt very smooth, I saw the grooved ring but could not even feel it with a fingernail. Either the odometer is accurate at 33000 miles or the cylinders have worn very well at 133000 miles.

Recently repaired many of the damages and electrical work on the underdash wiring harness. Looking for a few connectors and parts before replacing my dash. Trying to get the stock look without radio option for the dash.

Currently rebuilding the original mirrors.

Planning to redo the wiring harness under hood and reinstall/rebuild wiring harness for fog lights. (came with OEM fog light switch) Also planning to rewire so an OEM tachometer will function.

I've purchased a Holley Sniper EFI deluxe kit which I plan to install once all my wiring is complete. I wanted to ensure all wiring, vacuum, and carb was running optimally to verify no issues are stemming from the motor before upgrading to a more efficient/reliable (relatively) system.
After going over the installation instructions of the Holley Sniper EFI I have come the the conclusion that a few more components are necessary to ensure a clean install. I'm still deciding what components that I want to remove and which vacuum lines to utilize for a clutter free install.
It will certainly be an interesting upgrade.

I hope you like my Lil Blu. (might repaint with all the sand wind damage here before I move)

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments