CJ-7 in KY Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-7 Next Jeep

CJ-7 in KY

Email Bookmark Print
Iamagovtmule

Jeep Information

Just picked up an 83 that I couldn't pass up for the price. Has plenty of issues needing worked out but, was "the deal of the century" for the fiberglass body, hard top, full steel doors, Smittybilt "super seats", a 4.2 that sounds new with the Mopar fuel injection conversion and a 3-2-1 header. She's a 4 speed, which I assume to be a stock T4 backed by the 300 t-case, although it's far from confirmed. Only 119k miles showing but the frame appears to have lived the entirety of it's life next to the Titanic. Has a rear disc conversion that is currently missing the driver side caliper (??!!) so, needless to say, that'll be a fun piece of detective work to figure out what brand of kit or DIY setup was used. Fuel pump is shot probably due to the tags sayin it hasn't seen a mile since '07 and the tank smellin like a freshly sprayed lacquer paint job. More investigations needed there as it's a poly tank that (again, I'm assuming) has the pump/sending unit in it and I have zero idea what it came out of. Hoping to get lucky and find out it's just a Wrangler tank and pump setup. Wish me luck as I dip a toe or ten into a potentially bottomless money pit...

Tags
None

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome