Rear Axle:Dana 44

Axle Gear Ratio:****

Suspension:Stock Rancho Shocks

Tires:32" Goodyear A/T

Wheels:15" Steelies

Armor:N/A

Recovery Gear:Warn Winch

Accessories:N/A

Future Modifications:Converting to CJ7, swapping 304 for Chevy 350 Gen III, swapping T-15 tranny for NV3550 or similar 5spd manual, and more...

I purchased my CJ5 in 2008, and kept it pretty stock for years. Last year, I sold the body, due to moving to Florida and the original getting rusty. Now I'm finally able to work on it and make it the Jeep I've always wanted. Because Black Sheep now has sentimental value to us, I'm going to keep the frame, but extend it to CJ7 specs. I know it's going to be a lot more work then just finding a CJ7 for sale, but I know everything about this one so I'd rather improve on this template than start new. I also just bought a '96 Chevy 350 Gen III engine and I'm buying the body parts piece by piece. As they come in, I'm having the inside Rhino lined with black and the outside Rhino lined in gun metal grey. Now I'm trying to find the right 5-spd tranny to swap for my T-15, that will also hopefully mate up with the engine. That's why I'm here. To soak up all the knowledge from the decades of experience here. I was a helo mech in the Marines so turning wrenches is not a foreign concept, I just don't have experience building a vehicle yet, so any tips, tricks, or advice will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to learning from all of you.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome