1974 backyard revival Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

1974 backyard revival

Email Bookmark Print

CalebD

Jeep Information

Trying to save this old girl from sitting in a field for 10 years. Body is way beyond repair, wiring is all shot, had at least a dozen wasp nests in the nooks and crannies, and weeds growing through it. I went through 4 cans of wasp spray to eradicate the wasps. Brought her to my garage, started removing the body and found almost nothing salvageable. I figured I could pull some parts, wheels, etc and sell them and make a few dollars off of it. My son's initials are CJ, and he's 5, and he immediately fell in love with the idea of restoring this old girl as soon as he saw the badge (cj5.) I told him if the engine turns over I'd try to restore it for him. Oil change, plugs and wires, many, many hours of cleaning, fuel lines, etc... About 100 hours later I cranked the engine and she runs! Frame is in good enough shape that with minor welding and major rust removal it will be safe. Full body off restoration in progress... And my hopes and prayers of not letting my son down. I figure I've got 10 years until he can drive it, so maybe I can pull this off. Wish me luck!

Tags
None

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome