Water leak Front Passenger Floor - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-21-2015, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
egoehe
2005 KJ Liberty 

Water leak Front Passenger Floor

Could use some help on how to troubleshoot a leak on a 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited with 4WD. Have a water leak Front Passenger Floor- wet carpet. It has happened four times. First time I hand washed the car and after my wife noticed the wet carpet. To me that didn't seem enough to cause anything. Second time, I took the car through a car wash and noticed a wet carpet on the front passenger side. Third time the car set in the rain and we started on a trip and my wife's sweater dragged the carpet and got wet. And finally, the fourth, the car sat in the driveway, we had a medium rain and we got home (using another car) and noticed the carpet on the front passenger side was partially wet. I DO HAVE A sunroof. No visual damage to sunroof. No wetness around frame of sunroof. No sign of any water running down from sunroof. The front windshield has two 6-9 inch cracks running from the top of the windshield ( due to gravel while traveling). No starring. One is actually on the drivers side and another we just noticed this week barely on the passenger side.
That's it. I am Kind of lost on how to trouble shoot this even to figure out the issue on where the water in/below the carpet on the front passenger seat is coming from.

Retired_Military

Last edited by egoehe; 11-21-2015 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Add info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-21-2015, 11:13 AM
jeepwaver
2016 JK Wrangler 

have a 2006 kj liberty and have that issue too.. found out the gasket on the frame (between door and jeep) around the door, especially the one at the buttom start collecting water when it rains and then overflows/trickle through the plastic steps/guard and goes inside and causes my carpet driver side to get soggy. check to see if theres some gunk buildup on the folds of the door gasket and underneath the metal frame of the door.. found out by starring at it for a long time (and doing the chalk test "NAVY THING") where the leak was coming from and i just have to wipe them out clean due to dirt, mud and allsort from preventing it having a good seal.

seems to fix my issue for now...

Keep the jeep wave alive no matter what jeep you drive. Don't hate, one day a fellow jeeper might help you out a **** hole.

Last edited by jeepwaver; 11-21-2015 at 02:09 PM.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-22-2015, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
egoehe
2005 KJ Liberty 

Rained last night. Checked things this Morning. Wiped door gasket and generally removed dust, minor items. Interestingly door gasket itself seemed mostly dry and no water near bottom (under closed door, or plastic bottom trim) ill see if there is a positive result. I am a little skeptical since everything is sundry, but will see and report. Thanks.

Retired_Military

post #4 of 6 Old 11-29-2015, 08:33 PM
dja2097

Hi. I had the same problem and here us what my problem was. Open your moon roof and stick your head through it but not all the way. In each corner there are weep holed that clog. When they clog, water over gills in that area and drain down above the headliner it below the roof. I stuck a tiny screwdriver in the holes and pulled out sand and decomposing leaves. I had no idea. No problems since then. Good luck
post #5 of 6 Old 11-30-2015, 02:10 PM
emac12
2005 KJ Liberty 

I had a problem with the condensation from the A/C leaking onto the passenger side floor board. There was so much water that I did not believe that this was the source of the leak... However, I attached a clear plastic hose and a hose clamp to the drain and I have not had a problem since. This video helped me out;
post #6 of 6 Old 12-05-2015, 11:43 AM
elmanga
2002 KJ Liberty 

that happens to me,thas cause the condesation from the ac,just open the hood and look close to the fire wall on the passenger side for a little tube coming for the proper wall,that tube camo from the ac,from there the water has to come out,you has to buy a curve house and put it in that tube facing the floor,the reason the water goes inside is cause the air push the water to the insisde,putting the curved house that ill make like a to the air,just tie it with a metal stram ,and done,hope this ill help you

Tags
front , leak , liberty , passenger side , water

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in