Power seats stopped working. PLEASE HELP! 2006 liberty - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 11-21-2015, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Detroitwrecker
2006 KJ Liberty 

Power seats stopped working. PLEASE HELP! 2006 liberty

Hi everyone, I am having THE HARDEST time with this. I have a 2006 Liberty Limited 3.7l. It is loaded. Leather power seats stopped working the other day, both of them. I have checked all the fuses in the J block under hood as well as in the interior near door. There is very little information out there regard which relay, fuses and circuit breakers control this. Even less information about the location of said fuses. Can someone please tell me where this circuit breaker is located. I went out and bought a new circuit breaker but I do not know where it goes. I am aware of the JB that is mounted on the opposite side of the interior fuse panel but again, there is no information that I can find, regard what all those relays, circuit breakers..... do. Does anyone have a detailed diagram with a list for ALL the J blocks? PLEASE HELP I am pulling out more and more hair over this and it should be a simple procedure. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-21-2015, 06:05 PM
02blue
2005 KJ Liberty 

Check the other thread you posted to. There is a diagram in post 4 and the JB inboard (for an 02) in the last post. I have a factory service manual for my 02. It has all that info but many many pages.

Check this one out too for a manual:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/wir...-needed-59093/

"Hey, ya never know til you try." Kurt Russell-Big Trouble in Little China
post #3 of 9 Old 11-21-2015, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Detroitwrecker
2006 KJ Liberty 

I have seen these diagrams. Again, they do not specify anything. This is absolutely pushing me over the edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a factory service Manuel myself and it specify s NOTHING as well.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-21-2015, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Detroitwrecker
2006 KJ Liberty 

Thank you for the reply. I'm very greatful! Just PISSED OFF!! Anyone else?
post #5 of 9 Old 11-21-2015, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Detroitwrecker
2006 KJ Liberty 

The diagram you referred to does show the circuit breaker, it just does not list the location of it. That's all I need is a detailed location and I can install the new one.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-21-2015, 06:38 PM
02blue
2005 KJ Liberty 

Referring back to the other thread, in my 02 it's breaker #1 as shown on the circuit diagram. The pdf diagram shows where breaker number 1 is. Not sure if it's the same for your 06 but all this is from the FSM. That's all you get from a manual but all you should need. Find the one that looks like the replacement and try it.

These things can be trying, I definitely understand the frustration

"Hey, ya never know til you try." Kurt Russell-Big Trouble in Little China
post #7 of 9 Old 11-22-2015, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Detroitwrecker
2006 KJ Liberty 

Thank you for all of this information. The info IS in there. I printed out everything I can and I will give it another shot. In the mean time, if there is anyone out there going through this same thing. Please post what you did to this thread.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-22-2015, 08:16 PM
libertybob

Switch

Check the power coming to the seat switch and leaving the switch when it is closed. I suspect the contacts in your switch are burnt so that 12v doesn't get to the motors when the switch is closed. If the breaker is kicking out you likely have a short somewhere, possibly the motor causing the breaker to overheat and kick out.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-24-2015, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Detroitwrecker
2006 KJ Liberty 

Thanks libertybob, I am going to check that next. I have replaced all fuses and circuit breakers related. Is there a relay? Still trying, definitly not getting power to the motors when I hit the switch. The saga continues.................

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in