Jeep Cherokee 2.8, 2005 Model, rev doesn’t exceed 3000 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-30-2018, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Ngoma Wa Ngoma

Jeep Cherokee 2.8, 2005 Model, rev doesn’t exceed 3000

Greetings. Is it normal for jeep Cherokee 2.8 2005 model diesel not to exceed 3000 rev count? And is it safe to continue driving it with this problem, what could be the problem for this? Any jeep mechanic around Johannesburg or Pretoria who might know how to fix it please inbox me.
Anyone had this problem before? And what was the cause and solution?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-01-2018, 04:55 AM
SSellers
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The only thing I've had that would make the engine run like it hit a wall at a certain RPM was a clogged catalytic converter.

Steiner
1998 XJ Classic driver
1998 XJ Sport spare parts supply
post #3 of 4 Old 11-01-2018, 07:29 PM
One4Me

Could be the crankshaft position sensor not working. Mine had the same problem from time to time. Loss of power and transmission lock.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-03-2018, 06:58 AM
Billwill1951
2002 KJ Liberty 

Export2.8 CRD does not have cats.

Could be lots of reasons for this. You would need to take it to a Dealer to get any codes read out....don't ask the Dealer to fix it...must just pull the codes for you so we can see what it is complaining about.

What you can check first is if either of the two Intercooler CAC hoses....the two thick black ones going to the top of the intercooler upfront....have not come unclamped and do not have any rips, holes or tears in them. Usually though you get black smoke with this.

Also check that there is no air in the fuel at the filter. You need to prime the fuel head and let any water out.

There are two sensors on the side of the air box...make sure they are both connected tightly!

Could be a dirty MAP Sensor. Go to the forum "Liberty CRD Love That Torque" at http://www.lostjeeps.com and read Sams Noob Guide for general information and how to locate the MAP Sensor and how to clean it!

Download the 2005 Jeep KJ Service Manual here....will tell you how to rid the filter of water and once you get some codes then the manual will point you in the right direction.

Service Manuals: http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

CRD in the Bushveld

Last edited by Billwill1951; 11-04-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in