Front end noise/ rattling - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-04-2015, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
hopsing415
2003 KJ Liberty 

Front end noise/ rattling

Help if you can. Real bad banging noise in the front end so I looked at the sway bar bushing and they were gone, replaced and everything good. 3 months later noticed tires wearing and was told from Town Fair tire that shocks were bad. Replaced coil overs in front, rear springs and shocks, sway bar links, sway bar bushings and had alignment. The bad banging came back, kinda like a rattling every bump in the road I hit. Have had Jeep up 3 times and checked everything underneath that I had apart, loosened, or changed and can't find the source of the rattling. Has anybody had this problem?
Thanks,
Patrick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-05-2015, 02:35 AM
Mike1970
2007 KJ Liberty 

When does the rattle happen? Accelerating? Decelerating? Over bumps? I have had this kind of issue before and found it to be my window washer reservoir. Could also be bumper clips. Just try checking other things that could rattle. If your not feeling in through the steering wheel than the culprit might not be suspension related. Also check your transmission mounts, transfer case mounts, motor mounts, and exhaust pipe mounts.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-06-2015, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
hopsing415
2003 KJ Liberty 

Accelerating, decelerating, doesn't matter. It rattles every bump I hit, more so I think from the drivers side. I can't feel it through the steering wheel. I think it is the front bumper, it does move if I grab it and shake it up and down but doesn't seem like the noise but I am outside and not inside. I never would have thought of that had you not mentioned it. My day tomorrow will be working on the bumper to tighten it up and then jack it up for the other mounts, exhaust is good. I will keep you posted and thank you for the help.

post #4 of 5 Old 11-07-2015, 12:57 AM
Mike1970
2007 KJ Liberty 

Hey no problem. Glad to be of service.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-07-2015, 09:00 AM
libertyordeath8
2003 KJ Liberty 

I know i get a noise like u described if my rear shock mounts are not PERFCTly in place. Any play in there at all and it rattle bumps on every sewer cover.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in