Double DIN bezel... and what else? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-25-2018, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Calab
2004 KJ Liberty 

Double DIN bezel... and what else?

Howdy!

Looking to upgrade my radio in my 2004 Liberty. I'm hoping for a double DIN unit with bluetooth and NAV. I see that there are some double DIN bezel out there, but I was wondering if there is room behind the bezel to mount a double DIN radio?

Here's an example from eBay...
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Metra-95...dW-co1&vxp=mtr

I found a few old posts here on the forums, but the pictures don't work and they don't really describe the process for the upgrade.

Any info is appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-25-2018, 09:45 PM
02blue
2005 KJ Liberty 

These may help:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f201/dou...uestion-61729/

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how...-stereo-56396/

"Hey, ya never know til you try." Kurt Russell-Big Trouble in Little China
post #3 of 6 Old 03-28-2018, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Calab
2004 KJ Liberty 

Looks pretty straightforward.

Thanks!

post #4 of 6 Old 04-05-2018, 07:50 AM
SeventyGTX
2005 KJ Liberty 

I just put a new Pioneer AVIC-7200NEX in my Ram 2500, so took the AVIC-5000NEX out of it, put in my 05 Limited and used the video below. Pretty happy with the results, but it was a bit of a pain getting my Dremel w/cut-off wheel in there at the correct angle to cut the plastic out the way. He starts showing where to cut at around the 7 minute mark. I had to mute it though, his key was in the ignition with the door open and the ding, ding, ding was driving me nuts....

Here is mine. I even found some silver paint to match the Limited trim. Getting the power port out of the old bezel is a PITA.....

post #5 of 6 Old 04-05-2018, 08:08 AM
SeventyGTX
2005 KJ Liberty 

As far as the Navigation antenna, I mounted it under the dash bezel behind the speedometer. I should have took pics but didn't think about it as I didn't see this thread. You need to pull the driver's side A pillar trim/grab handle which is mounted with 5.5 mm head bolts. You HAVE to use a deep socket as they are narrow enough to get in all the way. Once that is removed, pop off the two small trim pieces on either side of the steering column, that will expose screws you need to remove for the dash bezel.

Then use a strong putty knife and pop up the long trim piece that goes along the windshield, that will expose a couple more screws. If you have a tilt wheel, lower it and it will help get that speedo cover off. My antenna came with a magnetic plate. I used double sided tape to attach it to the ribbed plastic you will see once you get the speedo cover off. It was easy to feed the antenna wire over into the radio cavity. Just make sure to tie up all the excess wiring.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-05-2018, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Calab
2004 KJ Liberty 

Thanks!!!

Tags
double din , install , radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in