ZachP96

Any mechanics please help

SEARCH IN THE CURRENT
AND SHOW ME
ZachP96
Join: Jul 2020

Jul 18, 2020 #1
Any mechanics please help
I bought this Jeep (maybe regrettably) 03 liberty sport 2.4l manual. I'm only having 1 issue I'm hoping to get some recommendations on.
When I turn the vehicle on the dash lights up the window motors work the AC will also turn on but when I turn the ignition there's nothing. After a few times doing this it will usually start right up like nothing happened. Sometimes it will start the first try sometimes it takes a few or several attempts. Apparently someone else encountered this issue because the clutch safety switch has been bypassed unbenounced to me before purchasing. There's also a switch under the wheel that runs to the starter relay in the fuse box. This will make the car crank every time however occasionally it just cranks and doesn't start. A little messing with the key or the Jimmy rigged switch will always make it start but if anyone has a suggestion to make it start every time I'd really appreciate it. Perhaps new ignition switch or replace the relay? Maybe a grounding issue? I plan on getting new relay and a tune up with new coil packs and I hope that will help but if anyone can give me some advice I'd love it very much thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-27-2020, 08:03 AM
jtec
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

my first thought is the ign switch.

What is your comfort level with auto electrics - can you use a test light or a DVOM , read and use a wiring diagram?

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-01-2020, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
ZachP96

I replaced the ignition starter switch the piece that the actuator pin enters, I also replaced the actuator pin. Maybe the lock cylinder is worn out? Because I can remove the key when it's in drive. Maybe the lock cylinder can't engage the switch?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in