575 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ZachP96 
#1 ·
SEARCH IN THE CURRENT
AND SHOW ME
ZachP96
Join: Jul 2020

Jul 18, 2020 · #1
Any mechanics please help
I bought this Jeep (maybe regrettably) 03 liberty sport 2.4l manual. I'm only having 1 issue I'm hoping to get some recommendations on.
When I turn the vehicle on the dash lights up the window motors work the AC will also turn on but when I turn the ignition there's nothing. After a few times doing this it will usually start right up like nothing happened. Sometimes it will start the first try sometimes it takes a few or several attempts. Apparently someone else encountered this issue because the clutch safety switch has been bypassed unbenounced to me before purchasing. There's also a switch under the wheel that runs to the starter relay in the fuse box. This will make the car crank every time however occasionally it just cranks and doesn't start. A little messing with the key or the Jimmy rigged switch will always make it start but if anyone has a suggestion to make it start every time I'd really appreciate it. Perhaps new ignition switch or replace the relay? Maybe a grounding issue? I plan on getting new relay and a tune up with new coil packs and I hope that will help but if anyone can give me some advice I'd love it very much thanks in advance

See less See more
#2 ·
my first thought is the ign switch.

What is your comfort level with auto electrics - can you use a test light or a DVOM , read and use a wiring diagram?

#3 ·
I replaced the ignition starter switch the piece that the actuator pin enters, I also replaced the actuator pin. Maybe the lock cylinder is worn out? Because I can remove the key when it's in drive. Maybe the lock cylinder can't engage the switch?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.