Aftermarket radio no sound Help Please - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-26-2021, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
jtrouter

Aftermarket radio no sound Help Please

Hello,I am looking for anyone who can help me solve this problem i am having installing a radio into my wifes 2006 Jeep liberty. I have tested the radio out of the liberty*and it works great so i know the radio is fine. Everything worked fine when i removed the old radio and even put it back in to test and everything works. Now i bought the Metra install kit 70-6503 so i would not have to hackup the factory wires. So onto the problem. After i hookup the wiring adapter the radio turns on but was no sound? So after a bit of testing i plugged*a cable from my headphones on my phone to the RCA that normally goes to the back of the radio and i did get sound out, but was not very loud? So i thought*maybe the output level was to low from the new radio so i jumped on Amazon and ordered a adjustable 4channel high level-to low level adapter. I installed it cranked all the adjustments to the max and STILL very low volume levels? So im trying to figure out what's going on and once again i went back and hooked it back up to my phone and the sound level was still low and i wondered if the factory amp was getting powered? so i grabbed the key and turned off the car and pulled out the keys and there was no change! it kept playing at the same volume? SO i am here asking you all does that mean that the factory AMP is not getting power? Would i still be able to get sound out of the speakers without power to the Amp? And if so how do i get power to the Amp(s) ? Do i have to splice into the factory 22 pin pin plug? and if so what color or pin number do i use? Please help me internet world. Thank you for reading and i await replies.
Also while searching and reading for hours today i did read about a 1 wire relay trick that you apply 12volts to cause the factory radio amp to turn on but nothing i found told where this magic place is? Do any of you know where this is?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-26-2021, 02:27 PM
Brad426

Garage
Could be a defective Metra adapter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in