2007 Climate Control whacked - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-11-2019, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
JBDive

2007 Climate Control whacked

I have an option on a VERY low mileage 2007 Sport and I am probably going to go ahead and get it however the biggest concern is some "engineering" somebody did on it. The climate control system basically does not switch from any vent option to another, it is always on the defrost vents. I can hear no movement in the actuators at all. The heat selector does work, hot is hot, cold is cold*, as does the fan speed. The * is the "engineering" done. Somebody wired a toggle switch to the AC to manually turn it off and on. No joke there is a toggle switch on the dash with wires leading directly to the lead on the AC compressor for turning it on and off.

Now I have an 02 and know the climate control setup is different than the 07. Can anyone think of what this person was thinking of, what might be wrong and so on? All other electrics appear to work perfectly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-11-2019, 12:01 PM
jtec
2014 JK Wrangler 

defrost is the default position.
the system is vacuum operated and likely a vacuum issue, on drivers side look up from gas pedal side see if you can find any vacuum lines going to the actuators. The heater AC controls should have vacuum on the BLK line (tubing).

The AC switch..... trying to figure out butchering is always a challenge.
STRONGLY suggest yiou get a scan for codes, Then an AC wiring diagram, could be as simple as a fuse, low pressure, a CODE, or a wiring issue BUT compressor works and AC operates. Likely someone who cannot read.
Attached Images

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in