2005 JEEP KJ not start - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-01-2017, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
sadaebu

2005 JEEP KJ not start

Hello~

My car is 2005 JEEP CHEROKEE(liberty) KJ RENEGADE 3.7 V6.

I opened the door all day because I was tinting work but it did not start Cranking.​

I replaced the battery, starter motor, fuel pump, and crank position sensor all new.​ But the not cranking.

There is no problem with the ignition switch.

There is no problem with SKIM antenna.

All fuses and relays in the interior and the engine room are OK.​

No fault codes and Trouble Code appear on the scanner.

When the start relay 30 and 87 are connected, the starter motor and the engine move but there is no spark in the spark plug.

Now what can I do to crank it?​

Please save me.​

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-02-2017, 03:20 AM
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

OK when you jumper pins 30 and 87 together inside the starter relay socket the engine turns over.

At this time do you have the ignition switched ON? Must be On for engine to fire.

You sure your SKIM Red LED on left of cluster is not flashing or ON all the time?

Try start it in Neutral instead of Park...Park sensor may be bad.

Try swap over the ASD relay with an identical one.

You sure the ignition switch is OK ie. the Actuator Pin Assembly is not on point of breaking?

2002 2.5 Export CRD Manual 5 speed.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-02-2017, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
sadaebu

jumped 30 and 87, the ignition key was on. but no spark.

SKIM Red LED is not flashing or OFF all the time.

start it in Neutral is not start. There is no problem with the inhibitor switch. Park sensor is no problem.

I am try swap over the ASD relay is not start.

Ignition switch and Actuator Pin Assembly is no problem.

post #4 of 5 Old 11-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Can we just clear up the SKIS Red LED.....it should go ON for a few seconds when ignition is turned ON then it should go OFF. If this LED stays ON or flashes ON/OFF all the time when ignition is ON then there is a problem with SKIS.

Make sure your battery is in good shape and the battery connections are clean and tight. Also the Negative battery lead going to the chassis must be clean and tight both ends and there are two grounding straps from the heads to chassis which must also be clean and tight.

You need to get a cheap Digital Multi meter and then download the 2005 KJ Service Manual here...includes wiring diagrams so you can trace the voltages across the Start Relay to see why the relay is not energising and only operates the starter when you jump it out.

I had a problem where the SKIM light was ON all the time...engine would turn over but never start. This was because although the SKIM Module and PCM recognised the chipped key OK.....the PCM was not picking up the fact that the ASD had energized as it should. This was due to a broken wire going to the ASD relay. I overcame the problem by jumping pins 30 and 87 inside the ASD Relay.

Do you have the CEL engine light ON? You may need to get error codes read out by a Dealer or someone who has a Code Reader.

Here is the link to the KJ manuals....download the 2005 KJ Service Manual:

http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

2002 2.5 Export CRD Manual 5 speed.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-04-2017, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
sadaebu

Thank you for your kind answer.

I checked the car again today.

When the ignition key is turned on, the SKIM indicator lights for 2 to 3 seconds and then turns off. There seems to be no problem with SKIM.

There is no problem connecting the battery. and The battery voltage is 12.7V.

I jumped ASD relays 30 and 87 while the ignition key was on, and jumped the fuel pump relays 30 and 87. Then, it jumped start relay 30 and 87 and forced it to start. But it did not start.

I have a OBDIi diagnostic (Code Reader) and there are no fault codes or error codes.

The engine light is on, but what is your CEL engine light?
* I do not know. I am sorry that my English is at kindergarten level.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in