Usaf retiree

Thanks I will try that replace the
relay and get back to you all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 Old 12-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Nick1234

2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7L

My wife's 06 Liberty is throwing a P0300 multiple misfires code. I cannot find anything for the 06 that is a Auto Shutdown Relay. Is there something I am missing?
post #18 of 25 Old 12-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1234 View Post
My wife's 06 Liberty is throwing a P0300 multiple misfires code. I cannot find anything for the 06 that is a Auto Shutdown Relay. Is there something I am missing?
The ASD relay is in the relay box under the hood...the plastic cover for this box shows where the components are located.

Misfires can be caused by bad injectors, wrong spark plugs if it is a gasser or the timing is a tooth out, cam or crankshaft sensors.

2002 2.5 Export CRD Manual 5 speed.

post #19 of 25 Old 12-14-2015, 12:26 PM
DrRedRanger

I'm having a stubborn misfire problem too; maybe you guys might have an idea? So a 2003 liberty, 3.7L, and it started throwing misfire codes after intermittently running rough and shaking. Ran some codes, saw multiple misfires and vacuum leak, so I went through the process of replacing the spark plugs, coil packs, using fuel cleaner, getting the injectors, current, and compression checked, all to no improvement. The problem is now persistent and isolated to cylinder one; it perpetually and reliably misses, causing the vehicle to shake rhythmically, running rough when idling or driving on the highway, and in some cases stalling out when coming to a stop. The only thing I haven't looked into would be the vacuum leak, but I'm not sure what tubes to check that for, or what they look like/where they are. Any thoughts?
post #20 of 25 Old 01-19-2016, 05:50 PM
T's '97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have Multiple misfire codes and have had them for about as long as my AC compressor's been out. The Jeep runs great btw. Sounds like a super long shot, but any chance their's a correlation? 1997 TJ 4.0. If so, would I unplug the ASD and or the AC compressor connector? Or replace the ASD relay?

"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them."
post #21 of 25 Old 06-17-2016, 07:24 AM
GEISHAM

Where can l buy and how much for the ASD?
post #22 of 25 Old 06-17-2016, 10:01 PM
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEISHAM View Post
Where can l buy and how much for the ASD?
try a parts store?
post #23 of 25 Old 01-25-2019, 01:10 PM
Stupid Jeep

Garage
It Worked!!! on a 2002 GC 4.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by timofthejeep View Post
Well, here is my story. It all started 4 months ago. engine light and misfire. I did all the obvious, coils, plugs, computer, cleaned injectors, no help. I fought the thing all winter. Problem would come and go. Random misfires (p0300, P030x, P035x), the codes listed at times 12 different codes. They would come and go. The problem would move around. I started getting desperate. The battery was weak, so I changed it thinking it would cause a weak spark. Checked fuel pressure. It was OK. Vacuum leaks. Fixed them all. Nothing helped. Then the other night I was reading the Haynes manual in a completely different section... It mentioned the one thing that I had missed. (read on...)

It was late, so I called it quits for the night. I went to the shower smelling like I has spilled the gas can on myself. I was so frusterated. I know I am not that smart, but I AM smarter than a danged car... I thought to myself. So I started thinking about it. What could cause a random problem that comes and goes? It has to be something COMMON to all the COILS. I started thinking about how the voltage gets to the coils to cause the spark. Battery positive to fuse to ASD relay to coil positive to PMC to ground... what??? ASD RELAY?!?!? Here is the ONE THING that is common to all coils, and if it is weak or the contact is worn can cause a weak spark by not supplying enough power to the coils... It is not mentioned as an integral part of the ignition circuit. It is not out in the open where it tcan be easily seen. Out of sight out of mind. So I changed it. The misfire immediately went away. Within 2 hours the light went out. It has more power than it had in ages. Mileage better, too (thanks to the fixed vaccuum leaks no doubt.). CHEAP FIX that costed me a small fortune!!! ASD relay in the engine compartment fuse box. Tell all your friends!!! ASD RELAY!!!!
DUDE!!!! Thank you so much for posting this. I have a different model jeep it's a 2002 GC Laredo 4.7 my jeep ran smooth and for some reason I couldn't get the check engine light to go off (random misfire codes). Replaced the plugs and coil pack and cam position sensor to no avail... I couldn't get the light to go off to get through emission testing... Anyway I just did this and BAM! light went off passed emissions. Jeep is tip top. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Stupid Jeep; 01-25-2019 at 01:12 PM. Reason: more detail
post #24 of 25 Old 02-03-2020, 02:46 PM
lowderjr

Just had one today like this. While driving or holding the accelerator it would misfire on ALL cylinders. I also noticed ALL 4 oxygen sensors would drop out at 0V. It was the ASD relay.
post #25 of 25 Old 02-13-2020, 08:46 PM
lowderjr

ASD relay didn't fix it. Just a fluke when I removed it and the misfire went away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in