Any mechanics please help Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep Liberty Next Jeep

Any mechanics please help

Email Bookmark Print
ZachP96

Jeep Information

I bought this Jeep (maybe regrettably) 03 liberty sport 2.4l manual. I'm only having 1 issue I'm hoping to get some recommendations on.
When I turn the vehicle on the dash lights up the window motors work the AC will also turn on but when I turn the ignition there's nothing. After a few times doing this it will usually start right up like nothing happened. Sometimes it will start the first try sometimes it takes a few or several attempts. Apparently someone else encountered this issue because the clutch safety switch has been bypassed unbenounced to me before purchasing. There's also a switch under the wheel that runs to the starter relay in the fuse box. This will make the car crank every time however occasionally it just cranks and doesn't start. A little messing with the key or the Jimmy rigged switch will always make it start but if anyone has a suggestion to make it start every time I'd really appreciate it. Perhaps new ignition switch or replace the relay? I plan on getting new relay and a tune up with new coil packs and I hope that will help but if anyone can give me some advice I'd love it very much thanks in advance

Tags
None

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome