Uconnect radio not working Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WK Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Uconnect radio not working

Email Bookmark Print
WeCARx1000

Jeep Information

Hello. I have a 2009 WK with 147k on it and the Uconnect RER head unit. I’ve put 20k miles on the car and had no problems with the radio not working but when leaving my friends house a few days ago I turned the car on and the screen was black. I’ve tried turning the car off, unplugging the battery, and pulling the fuse and plugging it back in to no avail. The backlight for the screen comes on and once a minute or so it flickers like it’s trying to start but can’t and I can hear a fan or hard drive spinning. It also does this for several minutes after the car is turned off and I don’t know what could be wrong with it. Has anybody had this issue before or does anyone have a fix?

Before I close out this post I suppose it would also be useful to mention it does have wiring for a subwoofer on it but hasn’t had a subwoofer hooked up or the fuse for it in in over a year. I removed the subwoofer and the fuse when I shipped my car to California before leaving on a deployment early last year and never reinstalled the subwoofer and after coming back it was good for a couple months before anything happened so I don’t know if it could have anything to do with that. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the electronics of the car could give me a hand because I really don’t want to deal with outrageous prices at dealerships.

Tags
None

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome