Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2007 WK HEMI Fan Clutch

328 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Matthew_WJ 
#1 ·
Hello all, apologies if this question has already been asked. I am going to be trading my 04 WJ for an 07 WK after I get my tax refund. The 07 is equipped with the 5.7 HEMI / 545RFE / Quadra-Drive II, Overland trim, trail rated. When I get it, I will be using it to tow a 15 foot flatbed in the winter for firewood (can’t afford a pickup right now). The original current owner says it does get quite hot (around 220°F) when towing and that the power steering driven fan can’t keep up to keep the AC running cool in the summer. I did install a clutch fan to have in addition to the electric fan on my WJ as the water pump still had threads for one and everything worked fine. I personally prefer running clutch fans, the noise doesn’t bother me and I don’t mind the slight drag in HP. I have been looking around and found a fan clutch that fits the WK with the 5.7, but I’m not entirely sure if the water pump has threads for it, not to mention if there will be clearance issues, it come with a plastic 7 blade fan, can’t remember the diameter off the top of my head. I have seen a video on YouTube somewhere where a fan clutch was installed on one with no issues. So, if anyone knows whether I would be able to install a fan clutch or not, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.