Sputtering issue randomly Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Sputtering issue randomly

Email Bookmark Print
Mogemini

Jeep Information

I have a Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 straight 6. I recently put new lifters, bearings, pistons and rings in the engine, new CPS, IAC valve, Map sensor, spark plugs, boots, coil and maybe something else I'm forgetting right now. My current problem is randomly I experience this surging type problem. Nothing seems to make a difference, speed, uphill, downhill, turning corners, hot, cold, dry or rainy weather. I will just be steadily cruising anywhere from 30 to 50 mph and it will start surging (can't think of better term for it) I tried to apply brake when this happens (while leaving my floor on gas) and that doesn't change. This surging lasts about 1 or 2 minutes then all of the sudden it starts running fine. I tried letting off accelerator and pressing down more. In the video the check engine light is on but it is currently off (I double checked with obd reader and by turning key 3 times). See the video attached for more info. Apologies for the long post but I tried to add as much info as possible. Thanks in advance for any h

Tags
None

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome