Speakers not working Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Speakers not working

Email Bookmark Print
Bman92

Jeep Information

Hello, this is my first post so sorry if this has been answered before. I recently acquired a 2004 grand Cherokee limited with the infinity amp. I planned on installing a head unit and subwoofer plus amplifier while keeping the infinity amp to power the stock speakers. Before swapping head units I noticed that the only speakers that work are the front passenger speakers and the driver dash tweeter , but not the door speaker, and the rear speakers do not sound at all. I did the head unit swap and still have the same problem. I have read that the wires can become frayed in the door boots, I checked each boot and didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. I’ve read about some people running new wires from the head unit directly to each speaker, but if I want to use the infinity amp should I run the wires from the connector 2 directly to the speakers ? Also could it be that the speakers themselves are bad? I’m leaning more towards wiring because I figured If the speakers were blown they would still make some kind of sound.

Tags
None

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome