Feeling vibration in floor, when braking. Changed a lot of parts, with no success. I’ Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Feeling vibration in floor, when braking. Changed a lot of parts, with no success. I’

Email Bookmark Print
K2Kenobi

Jeep Information

Ok, I’ll preface this with I’m a parts changer, with limited diagnostic skills, unless it’s something I’ve previously encountered. I have an 04 WJ, 4.7. This is my 4th Grand Cherokee, and by FAR, the most problematic. So, my issues started with a bad vibration when braking. Not too bad when easing into it, but WAY more pronounced when braking hard. It also makes a droning sound when going over 65-70 mph.
Naturally, I started with addressing the brakes. Changed pads and rotors, front and rear. Never did it, since I’ve owned it, and don’t know when prior owner did last. Still had the issue. Changed calipers. Still there. Changed front CV axles. Still there. Changed front lower tie rods. Still there. Changed front and rear sway bar end links, and bushings. Still there. Ball joints seem solid. Upper tie rods had a little play, but nothing substantial. Steering stabilizer was changed not long before I bought it. I’m officially stumped.
I’m only feeling residual vibrations in the steering wheel, and brake pedal, which is making it even harder to diagnose the source of the issue. I’m currently making an appointment to get the tires rebalanced, and an alignment done. Idk what else it could be. Any help you guys can offer would be most helpful. I’m ready to set it on fire, and call it a day...😂😂😂

Tags
None

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome