97 limited from BC Canada Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

97 limited from BC Canada

Email Bookmark Print
Mossywoods

Jeep Information

Hey all, I'm new to the forum but I've used it in the past as a guest while working on my 2000xj..the 4.0 blew up in the xj last winter so while I source out a replacement engine I picked up a new daily.
97 ZJ limited with the 5.2 V8, has 217xxxkms, upcountry suspension.
Full load minus remote start. Heated seats don't work of course, but everything else seems to pretty well. Has aftermarket stereo deck but is stock otherwise.
I have a few mods in mind, aswell as some maintenance items to enhance performance and hopefully better fuel mileage.

Definitely looking to swap transfercase out for one of the selectable 2wd options, ideally swap the the trans/tcase all as one from a laredo.
Dakota/durango air hat mod, maybe some 703 injectors for better spray characteristics.
Improve exhuast flow in a few areas and wake this V8 up sound wise.
Maybe tackle the heated seats, no doubt the wire broke in the cusion..looks like a p.i.t.a..so might just keep fingers crossed for a working donor seat for drivers side.
That's all I can think of for now, but if you have any tips or some things to consider doing that I haven't mentioned, please feel free to mention it here or via pm. Thanks, no doubt will continue to use the vast knowledge this forum offers.
✌️

Tags
None