Engine:4.0 I6

Transmission:42RE=?

Transfer Case:NP-242 Ratio: 272

Suspension:Stock

Tires:Stock

Wheels:Stock

My Introduction:

Hey Guys or Gals,

I'm new to this forum and wanting to learn more about my Jeep & how to ask questions and where to ask them on here.

First time Jeep owner with a MFG Date of :FEB 1993) Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0 with 218,784 miles on it.

It's been sitting for quite awhile now, with now, bad gas in the tank/lines. Looking to somehow flush the lines all the way up to the fuel rail. I don't plan on dropping the tank as it's practically full but to purge it somehow! Also plan on cleaning the TBI and any sensors I can from it. So many things to do to it and very little time, ha-ha.

So, I'm starting off with a couple of questions: (1) How/where can I tell what "exact" trans I have in this? 42RE/AW4 or what? Went to and watched videos and couldn't find much on it. It also had to do with the date of mfg though! I'm puzzled.

Now with the Transfer Case, I had seen the plate stating: NP-242 but when I watched a video (You-Tube) they showed a 242 with a stubby like nose cone and mine has a longer style with it! Puzzled again?

So it I could get an expertise opinion on these issues it would be greatly appreciated from you's. Thanks so much. Todd.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome