Winch Technique Videos (Maybe some will find this informative and helpful) - Page 5 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 72 Old 05-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Bandit1

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94yjstocklook View Post
The videos are saying set to private for some reason. i watched them before a month ago or so and was going to show my brother the backwards winch pull (he couldn't see how that was possible) and they aren't working. anyone else have this problem?
i just tried and had the same prob... trying to befriend Bent to see if that works

Update... after befriending, i can view up to chapter 5 and the last 2 bonus vids...

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Stock height , winch, recovery gear, roof basket, and a few other mods...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Bandit1; 05-17-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 Old 05-17-2010, 08:26 PM
njsjeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a reverse pull video that shows an easier to rig system more clearly.

YouTube - Reverse winch recovery
post #63 of 72 Old 07-26-2010, 01:27 AM
alilredjeep

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Great Education on Winching

Just ordered a winch for my YJ so I figure these vids as a free education I can use later on.

Eddie
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #92

'92 WRANGLER, 2.5 Litre, 5 Speed, Rag Top, Superwinch LP8500, Cepek 130W Driving Lights, 31x10.50/AT with no lift, Of course! It rubs!

post #64 of 72 Old 10-10-2010, 06:33 PM
BallerJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

YouTube - GK almost gets head taken off

what happens when you don't know what your doing.

Kid got lucky.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by BallerJeep; 10-10-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: failed at posting video.
post #65 of 72 Old 10-11-2010, 06:15 PM
aermotor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the original post, those videos are great, I just wish i could view the rest, very informative.

Holy christ BallerJeep..... very lucky.
post #66 of 72 Old 10-11-2010, 09:52 PM
BallerJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

**Disclaimer** I am not involved in the video in any way, I just found it on youtube and thought I would share.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
post #67 of 72 Old 10-11-2010, 10:58 PM
karlo

These videos can help me maximize the functionality of my winch. Thanks!
post #68 of 72 Old 10-11-2010, 11:01 PM
BallerJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

are all yall being able to watch all of them? I got up to chapter 5 and then they won't play, just says "Private Video"

post #69 of 72 Old 10-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Bandit1

2000 XJ Cherokee 

beNt... I am having the same problem, can watch the 1st 6 vids, then nothing till the 2 bonus vids, says something about having to accept a friend request and private vids...

when you first posted this, i was able to view all of them, then went back to refresh and had that prob, think i said something, but looks like nothing has been fixed yet

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport...
- Stock height , winch, recovery gear, roof basket, and a few other mods...

post #70 of 72 Old 12-07-2010, 01:12 AM
cjdogtoy

1976 CJ5 

still can't see the rest of the vidios and I really wanted to see them.
post #71 of 72 Old 11-29-2013, 11:00 AM
DangerDane

I can't watch the remaining videos either but I would think its down to 4x4 training having listed them as private to avoid "abuse" of its content.

But I am new to this forum but not entirely in regards to offroading and recovering while offroading. As a active serving member of my local National Guard I need classes and qualifications to drive the specific military vehicles that I drive in order to be allowed to drive them as a qualified operator which also covers recovery by another vehicle .

But one thing I learnt and keep to stick by is that you should NEVER NEVER shock-load a recovery strap. They are intended to be hooked up, brought to tautness and then used to recover in that capacity with the strap being under tension all the time. Letting it go slack in order to get some "headstart" will inevitable only lead to the strap violently snapping with potentially personal injury.

Secondly, always use the recovery gear supplied by the vehicle being recovered on that particular vehicle etc. And I will elaborate on what I mean if people wants me to.
post #72 of 72 Old 11-29-2013, 11:31 AM
DangerDane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaousakis View Post
very true, I am sure the lines dont have ratings of 40,000 pounds. Anyone have insight on this?
In the situation listed its not the lines max pull that will be your limiting factor, rather the fact that every clevis, d-ring needs to be rated for the pull you are a about to do. But whether you can "manage" with only the rating that each "cable stay" will pull, or whether you need the total pull rating on all those things I am actually not sure of.

I just know that if you have a winch capable of pulling 10,000 pounds then all your rigging gear needs to have a SWL of 10,000 or more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in