What can I go through - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 03-13-2002, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
biguglymudrs

What can I go through

See I want to get into mudding but i am still in school and my parents aren't in favor of my of this seeing how my jeep is in there name and almost perfect condtion but how can I hide marks of mudding and what the heck can I go through with everything stock and I don't want to get stuck I got like bfg some long travel radialcrap or somethn they have like 7,000 miles on them when i bought the jeep. can u help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-13-2002, 10:26 PM
kegmaster

PUNCTUATION!!!!!! You frame rails should be about 10-12 inches off the ground, so nothing TOO deep.
post #3 of 13 Old 03-16-2002, 10:38 PM
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

Quote:
biguglymudrs
See I want to get into mudding but i am still in school and my parents aren't in favor of my of this seeing how my jeep is in there name and almost perfect condtion but how can I hide marks of mudding and what the heck can I go through with everything stock and I don't want to get stuck I got like bfg some long travel radialcrap or somethn they have like 7,000 miles on them when i bought the jeep. can u help
See, I want to get into mudding but I am still in school. My parents aren't in favor of this , seeing how my jeep is in their name and almost perfect condtion. How can I hide marks of mudding and what the heck can I go through with everything stock. I don't want to get stuck. I have BFG tires some long travel radial crap or something. They have 7,000 miles on them when I bought the jeep. Can u help?

If the jeep is in their name, they pay the bills, buy the gas, and maintain it then my advice would be - - respect. Think of it this way, if you were the one paying the bills, how would you feel if someone took your jeep out for a ride and it came back trashed? I'm not saying that you can't go out and have a little mud fun in it, but just make sure that you treat it with respect.

89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts

post #4 of 13 Old 03-17-2002, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
biguglymudrs

O its mine.....its just to pretty to fu^^^^ it up I put a picture on here when I get one taken. Sorry about the grammar I just don't like to do it but I will
post #5 of 13 Old 03-17-2002, 03:40 PM
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

OK. If it's yours, then you can f*** it up if you want to. Play with it as much as you want and if you break something, then just fix it. If someone bends over to inspect your trail damage, then just kick them in the a**, and tell them not to worry about it.

89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
post #6 of 13 Old 03-20-2002, 06:56 PM
NHjeep

go with a friend with 31+ tires so they can pull you out
post #7 of 13 Old 03-21-2002, 02:21 AM
I-4

Quote:
If the jeep is in their name, they pay the bills, buy the gas, and maintain it then my advice would be - - respect. Think of it this way, if you were the one paying the bills, how would you feel if someone took your jeep out for a ride and it came back trashed? I'm not saying that you can't go out and have a little mud fun in it, but just make sure that you treat it with respect.
that about says it...
but once it is your jeep,
Quote:
OK. If it's yours, then you can f*** it up if you want to. Play with it as much as you want and if you break something, then just fix it. If someone bends over to inspect your trail damage, then just kick them in the a**, and tell them not to worry about it.
this will be the fun you will get to have if you respect your parents wishes-see what you have to look forward to?
post #8 of 13 Old 03-22-2002, 06:08 PM
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

Play with it, break it, fix it . . .

Need I say more!

post #9 of 13 Old 03-31-2002, 03:05 PM
Hank

E
post #10 of 13 Old 03-31-2002, 03:07 PM
Hank

Every time you wheel just bring like five or six bucks and go to the quarter car wash on your way home. The pressure washer there really does the trick. A few sessions with the soap mixed with water and then a few with just the water and you should have your Jeep to the point where at least your parents won't know unless they are specifically looking.
post #11 of 13 Old 03-31-2002, 03:43 PM
mikeythefireman

Do what I did when I drove my Mom's Jeep into mud.

Lie!

Gentle offroading is possible, just not usually as much fun. Dry trails are good if you don't do too much rockcrawling. Mud is fine if you know how deep and don't fly through it. I just got my Jeep so there's no way I am gonna break, bend, fold, spindle, or mutilate it anytime soon, but it will go offroad with me.

Just Sayin'
post #12 of 13 Old 04-04-2002, 06:50 PM
BuMpYJ

I remember the day i got my liscense...my dad told me his truck had 4wd and it would be impossible to get it stuck...6 months later i went wheeling with my buddy with his YJ and me in my dads expedition, i went thru a mud puddle and sunk half way through, i never thought a wrangler would be able to pull that beast out, after that we went on some dry stuff...the down side was a running board and the torsion bar (broke the day after) and the transfer case doesnt like 4wd anymore...all i have to say is wash it and they wont expect it

94 YJ not a trailer queen, breaks often

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 13 Old 04-05-2002, 07:14 AM
4wheeler4CJ

Aww, come on, Mr. Bill, didn't you know that the bigger they are the badder they are?

Actually, I think the correct saying is "the bigger they are the harder they FALL", right? LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in