Trac-Lock LSD: Opinions? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-11-2002, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
evilpsych

Trac-Lock LSD: Opinions?

hey guys, payday's comin up soon and I've seen a sale on track-lock LSD's on some of the various dealer ads. Whats the general consensus of this diff? Good/Bad wears out quickly? etc.. i know i have to use the clutch pack lube with it. My jeep is pretty much stock and prolly wont see more than 31" tires. just want a little bit more than open diffs for the type of stuff i do.

A
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So he wants to go OFF-ROAD does he????

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-11-2002, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
evilpsych

oh.. this LSD is for the D35 ( i know i know, sucky axle) does anyone know of one for the front D30 axle?

A
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
post #3 of 6 Old 02-11-2002, 08:49 PM
bob91yj

Save your money, you can do almost as much with the parking brake as you can with the Trac-Loc, especially at dealer pricing.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-11-2002, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
evilpsych

hahahhaa... ok ok yeah.. i did a little more reading.. still wish there was an affordable quality LSD out there

A

post #5 of 6 Old 02-26-2002, 07:41 PM
Liberty-4-All

Quote:
Originally posted by evilpsych:
hahahhaa... ok ok yeah.. i did a little more reading.. still wish there was an affordable quality LSD out there

There is...Detroit TrueTrac ( no clutches to wear out...about $335.00...or the Auburn...Trac-Lok is good if you got it with your vehicle but I would not buy one to install...the others are much better
post #6 of 6 Old 03-17-2002, 05:06 PM
aroberts

I have a Tru Trac. Haven't used it a lot, but it seems to work ok. I have been told that with one tire in the air I will wish I had put in an ARB.
Still, in mud and bumps the lsd should be ok.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in