SMITTYBILT XRC8 Winch arrived today... details, pictures, etc... - Page 6 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 421 Old 07-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Skeezer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It looks great, good luck with it. Dealing with Smittybilt over the years they stand by all their products and have great customer service. You shouldn't have any problems.

2005 Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 421 Old 07-30-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

well so far so good!

used it once so far... nothing serious but it did the job.

definatly not going to win any trophies for speed but in the case of winching on a $300 budget i'm not too worried about that

'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #78 of 421 Old 07-31-2007, 11:01 AM
vitapimp
Owner of REPOST™

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-n-Broke-YJ
UPDATE: took better pictures of how i made the fairlead mount and with the iwnch installed. those last night were way too dark.

so you are jumping on that bandwagon! does it play mp3's?

reminded me of that SNL i-rack skit on youtube.

nice job on the details of the winch install.

What you are is God's gift to you...
What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
Make a change. Be different.

post #79 of 421 Old 07-31-2007, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

haha man the hard drive most be locked up or something... can't hear anything but the motor turning!

thanks.... now if my jeep was fixed i'd go get myself stuck.... oh well....

'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

post #80 of 421 Old 07-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well I made the plunge and bought one today. I think I got the last one 4 Wheel Parts had in Northern California. Yesterday the guy said there were 90 in the warehouse. Today there were none. There was only one left in Oakland when I bought it, and he says it is mine. We'll see when it is in my hands. I did get the winch plate though. The Smittybilt Double tube bumper has to go now. If anyones interested, it's for sale now. Here's a pic.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
post #81 of 421 Old 08-02-2007, 09:23 AM
KevinKrupp

is that 10% off deal still going. i went to buy the winch last night and the total price w/shipping was like $333 so i thought i'd check with yall before buying. Will it be cheaper to go down to 4-wheel parts and see if they have it. im lovin the price already but the cheaper the better
post #82 of 421 Old 08-02-2007, 12:36 PM
KevinKrupp

i just got back from 4 wheel parts. i ordered the winch and hopefully ill have it within a week.
post #83 of 421 Old 08-02-2007, 04:17 PM
dajeepman
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundedge4lfe
So my guess this magnet is bad??? j/k this is to a milemarker 8500 i believe I just called them today about a replacement motor price they are supposed to email me the price.

What did you do to that winch?? Looks like it went into a fire.

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4
173K miles 3'' Budget Boost
31x10.50x15 Dakota MT
C4x4 Winch Bumper Warn XD9000I
D30 Aussie Locked Chry 8.25 open
TNT Belly Pan installed TNT Long Arm Kit ( Soon to be installed )
post #84 of 421 Old 08-02-2007, 11:25 PM
jmitywhitey

i am running the hf winch got a deal at the store they had 8500lb winches on sale for $199 with the mount bought two.if yours work as good as mine you will be very pleased. only problem i have with winch is it is super heavy annd seems bigger than a comparable one from warn or milemarker
post #85 of 421 Old 08-03-2007, 12:28 PM
1 ton yj

2000 XJ Cherokee 

So how does that thing steer with a welded front and no hydraulics?
post #86 of 421 Old 08-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I just got a call from 4 wheel parts. They lost the winch they promised me today. So they are going to give me a Mile Marker PE8000 for what I paid for the Smittybilt. Does that sound like a fair deal? Consiering I'm going wheeling this weekend.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

Quote:
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Quote:
post #87 of 421 Old 08-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'd do it.

'02 TJ X Apex Edition
'00 XJ Sport
post #88 of 421 Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_
I'd do it.
That's what I thought too. Except when the guy was giving me the sales pitch, He said the Smittybilt beat the Milemarker in some test that I had never heard of. Still there is about a $90 difference in price.

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #89 of 421 Old 08-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well the guy came through with the Milemarker last night. So I guess I'll be leaving this thread and going to the Milemarker one. But I'll be checking in from time to time. Thanks for the help.

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #90 of 421 Old 08-04-2007, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton yj
So how does that thing steer with a welded front and no hydraulics?
trail riding it's noticeably harder to turn but not that bad... actually having to make a u turn or a 90 degree turn... well..... i'll just say i think i have a 90+ foot turning radius now.

hydraulics here i come.

quick note.... when i looked into the winches i believe i cam eto the conclusion that the main difference in the smittybilt and mile marker was the plastic engagement piece on the mile marker v.s the steel elbow looking thing on the smittybilt that looks like what warns have. also, i think the mile marker pulled more current according to the specs on both... i forget about line speed but on a $300 budget that's not something to be concerned with anyway.

the winch is holding up great on the front of the jeep... with the exception of all the black allen bolts that hold it together.... they are all rusting. granted i live at the beach and we have had some hellacious rain over the past week.... but none the less, i'll be going to lowe's this week to buy stainless steel replacements for them all. that'll probably run about $15 if i had to guess.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in