• 1 Post By rgunn1
  • 1 Post By BlueFl.Wrangler

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 03-18-2020, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
rgunn1

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Noob

Just saying hi. New to the forum but I've been playing with Jeeps for a while now. I have a TJ and a CJ7 in the works now. I actually found this place looking for advice on my 7. It's pristine and just about all original (Ithink) but it's been parked for a while and I'm trying to get it running. I'll post up details and pics when I have the post count.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-19-2020, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
rgunn1

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Got the CJ running yesterday. $7.99 fuel filter did the trick. I put it on the highway for the first time since I bought it. Shopping for new tires today.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-24-2020, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
rgunn1

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunn1 View Post
Got the CJ running yesterday. $7.99 fuel filter did the trick. I put it on the highway for the first time since I bought it. Shopping for new tires today.
New tires on Friday. I had to rewire the passenger side tail light but got everything working over the weekend and managed to pass inspection yesterday, so we're all street legal! Also installed new front flares yesterday and should complete the rears after work tonight. I'll get pics up as soon as I'm able, but I'd really like some guidance on what upgrades I can make to this Jeep without hurting the "value." IE, can I add power steering and/or power brakes, or will that take away from it because they aren't original? I think I'm going to replace the springs and shocks but no lift, just replace the old factory stuff, but I don't even know if that's necessary. I may just need to replace the rubber.

TIA

'82 CJ7 stock
'01 TJ

post #4 of 12 Old 03-24-2020, 09:54 AM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunn1 View Post
New tires on Friday. I had to rewire the passenger side tail light but got everything working over the weekend and managed to pass inspection yesterday, so we're all street legal! Also installed new front flares yesterday and should complete the rears after work tonight. I'll get pics up as soon as I'm able, but I'd really like some guidance on what upgrades I can make to this Jeep without hurting the "value." IE, can I add power steering and/or power brakes, or will that take away from it because they aren't original? I think I'm going to replace the springs and shocks but no lift, just replace the old factory stuff, but I don't even know if that's necessary. I may just need to replace the rubber.

TIA
Street legal goes a long way. Good work. The CJ guys will know better than I, but I don't think adding power brakes and power steering will hurt your value unless you are going for a numbers matching restoration - which is likely not worth it with a CJ. Real value wise - in terms of selling it down the road - will improve with the modern conveniences. But since I'm a TJ guy, take that with a grain or two of salt.

Looking forward to seeing pictures when you can. Doesn't look like you need many more posts to be able to do so.

Jeff
rgunn1 likes this.

Build Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 Old 03-24-2020, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
rgunn1

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Hey, I finally hit 10 posts! Here's a quick shot of the CJ. I'm off to do a little work on it. More to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
CJ.jpg  

'82 CJ7 stock
'01 TJ
post #6 of 12 Old 03-24-2020, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
rgunn1

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
And my TJ from my signature pic. Hopefully wrapping up the project soon... slightly modified....
Attached Thumbnails
TJ.jpg  
NashvilleTJ likes this.

'82 CJ7 stock
'01 TJ
post #7 of 12 Old 03-25-2020, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
rgunn1

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Finished the flares on the CJ yesterday, first oil change today (I probably should have done that first, right?). Working on a power steering upgrade as well in hopes of eventually doing hydroboost brakes. I need to go through the suspension and fix all of the loose rubber bits. My TJ, well I handed that off to a shop a while back when I didn't have time to wrench every day. I just got an update and was promised pics soon. Frame, axles, suspension, bumpers etc have all been powdercoated (I honestly would have preferred paint) and the Jeep should be going back together. I'm ready to get it on the trail!

'82 CJ7 stock
'01 TJ
post #8 of 12 Old 03-27-2020, 08:31 PM
BlueFl.Wrangler
Supporting Member

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like you have a fantastic place to work on it
rgunn1 likes this.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions

Winston Churchill
post #9 of 12 Old Today, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
rgunn1

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFl.Wrangler View Post
Looks like you have a fantastic place to work on it
The TJ is at a local shop, Ratchet Garage (https://ratchetgaragellc.com/). I'm working on the CJ in my carport because my old Dodge is in my workshop at home undergoing an axle swap (yes, I have too many projects). Pics to follow....

'82 CJ7 stock
'01 TJ
post #10 of 12 Old Today, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
rgunn1

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Latest pictures of the TJ going back together after coming back from powdercoat:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-4451.jpg   IMG-4450.jpg   IMG-4449.jpg   IMG-4448.jpg   IMG-4447.jpg  

IMG-4446.jpg   IMG-4445.jpg   IMG-4444.jpg   IMG-4443.jpg   IMG-4442.jpg  

'82 CJ7 stock
'01 TJ
post #11 of 12 Old Today, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
rgunn1

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Axles about to go in...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-4453.jpg  

'82 CJ7 stock
'01 TJ
post #12 of 12 Old Today, 11:21 AM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Nice. Looks like they are doing quality work.

Build Thread:

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in