New secondary headlights - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By JeeperDon
  • 1 Post By SevenSlotAddict

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-12-2021, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
turnerlesnick

New secondary headlights

Need to replace my secondary lights. Do you guys prefer the old school "KC" look or the newer LED look?

Attached Thumbnails
Front.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-12-2021, 06:31 AM
JeeperDon
Think Outside the Catalog

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I prefer the OEM look. Why exactly do you feel you need more lighting?

'93 YJ, '02 GM 4.3V6, SOA, dual ARB's, 8.8+D30(WarnHubs), 4.88s, 35" Patagonia M/Ts, AX15, NP231+4:1+SYE+2LO, York OBA.
Web Admin for
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-12-2021, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
turnerlesnick

The second light mounted on the front bumper was broken off. Would like to replace so it doesn't look like I have half a jeep. I guess I am taking the opportunity to re-think the look and consider going to an LED light bar instead.

I personally like the old school look more.

post #4 of 12 Old 05-12-2021, 06:44 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

If you like the old school look, go with the old school look. It's your Jeep, you're the only one who's opinion really matters.

Personally, I prefer whichever one the driver is smart enough to NOT use on the roads. Around here there are far too many idiots who drive around town with their off-road lights on, blinding everyone around them...and far too few cops that do anything about it.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #5 of 12 Old 05-12-2021, 07:49 AM
JeeperDon
Think Outside the Catalog

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry for above, Kenny is right, it's your Jeep, so your choice. I guess I'm just a Form Follows Function guy. I never added lights because I never needed lights, could always see fine. In the short tern, you could just take the one there off, so it's not lopsided looking until you figure it out.
222Doc likes this.

'93 YJ, '02 GM 4.3V6, SOA, dual ARB's, 8.8+D30(WarnHubs), 4.88s, 35" Patagonia M/Ts, AX15, NP231+4:1+SYE+2LO, York OBA.
Web Admin for

post #6 of 12 Old 05-12-2021, 08:15 AM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Was thinking like Don.

If it was not needed it gets removed. My jeeps theme. I have crawled at night in places that are rather hard and long, oddest night was a solo run on a new to me trail called Swap near the Dusy Ershem started at noon and aired at 2am, back to camp about 3:30 am. stock lights did well enough. Main thing here too people will learn if say in a group of a few jeeps at night. Only the leader will have any thing bright running as if you are behind him it gets rather hard to see if being blinded. Leader can run 1 gillion candle power, everyone else you need rocks lights at the most and they do help when you get hung up. the guy behind you can see under your junk better.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

post #7 of 12 Old 05-12-2021, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
turnerlesnick

That is a great point. Its just one other thing to get broken as well. Appreciate the feedback!
post #8 of 12 Old 05-12-2021, 03:27 PM
Airstreamer67
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I like the old-fashioned, round Halogen replacement lights.
post #9 of 12 Old 05-12-2021, 07:36 PM
jeepdaddy2000

1971 CJ5 

Don't be afraid to use your auxiliary lights. I run a set of old school Bosch rectangular driving lights with 100W bulbs mounted on the bumper. Wired (relayed) into my high beams, they kick on when I need them and that keeps them from simply running all the time and pissing off oncoming traffic. I live in the country and having them oriented to the road sides helps let me spot deer trying to commit suicide.

Paperwork will ruin any military force.
Chesty Puller
post #10 of 12 Old 05-12-2021, 08:05 PM
Wyo

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Where I live there is NO such thing as too much light and it's open Range so black cows can be anywhere for miles and miles... I even hit one of my own... double loss.

If you like round go round but they do seem rather large for the space you have for them.
post #11 of 12 Old 05-13-2021, 12:08 AM
SevenSlotAddict
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstreamer67 View Post
I like the old-fashioned, round Halogen replacement lights.
I agree. These LEDs give a lot of light but are harsh, especially when coming at you. Why these guys run around during the day showing off escapes me. It aint my thing. I have two round 4" auxiliary lights on my winch bumper I run on the backroads to hopefully see errant wildlife trying to become road pizza.
Airstreamer67 likes this.
post #12 of 12 Old 05-13-2021, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
turnerlesnick

That is how I have them wired now. Do you have a brand you recommend?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in