New Quadratec brand winches? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 126 Old 08-16-2013, 10:08 AM
No4x4Yet
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezer View Post
First off me say that I love Quadratec. I buy everything from them and the customer service is second to none. But as far as the winches go I have some real issues. In the Quadratec catalog they have a section called "Dare to compare". Of course the Quadratec winch beats out Warn, Ramsey, Superwinch, etc. Yet on their winch advisory chart, all of the Quadratec winches are listed as for occasional intended usage. What does that say for the quality of the winch? They problaby come from the same sweaty factory in China that all of the other crappy winches do. So perhaps they should hold off before comparing themselves to the big established winch companies.

So I recommend buying a proven brand name winch, from Quadratec of course.
Your not wrong but you are speculating. What is occasional use? That could mean once a year, a month or week? I was wondering about that when I read it, sounds like legal talk to me so they dont get crap cuz someone buy one and uses it in the shop daily and it dies. Im am curious though. Maybe Quadratec can comment.

I sent a PM to Quadratec in case they forgot about this thread.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 126 Old 08-18-2013, 07:55 AM
b0b11
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b11 View Post
had mine almost a year.
no problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b11 View Post
q11000

maybe 10 times?
used 3 times 2 weeks ago

still no problems.

just like anything else.. 5 years from now you guys will be either thinking:

1. damn i should have bought one
2. glad i didnt buy one, they suck after 5 years of use

so far i'm in group 1
post #123 of 126 Old 08-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Quadratec
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
First off me say that I love Quadratec. I buy everything from them and the customer service is second to none. But as far as the winches go I have some real issues. In the Quadratec catalog they have a section called "Dare to compare". Of course the Quadratec winch beats out Warn, Ramsey, Superwinch, etc. Yet on their winch advisory chart, all of the Quadratec winches are listed as for occasional intended usage. What does that say for the quality of the winch? They problaby come from the same sweaty factory in China that all of the other crappy winches do. So perhaps they should hold off before comparing themselves to the big established winch companies.

So I recommend buying a proven brand name winch, from Quadratec of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No4x4Yet View Post
Your not wrong but you are speculating. What is occasional use? That could mean once a year, a month or week? I was wondering about that when I read it, sounds like legal talk to me so they dont get crap cuz someone buy one and uses it in the shop daily and it dies. Im am curious though. Maybe Quadratec can comment.

I sent a PM to Quadratec in case they forgot about this thread.
Hey everyone!

Just some notes here for those interested. There isn't one sweaty factory in China that all winches come from. We know there are some companies that private label winches from China that source from the lowest-priced factory, and that even use 3-4 different factories for their winches, to get the lowest price, but we know that makes it impossible to control quality. Quadratec personnel from the USA visited a lot of winch factories in China before selecting one of the very best to make the Quadratec winch. We worked with them to specify such features as hardened gear sets, stainless steel hardware, anodized aluminium tie bars, choices of solenoid mounting, and a durable powder-coat finish, and to have performance specifications that are, overall, better than any other winch at the price point. Our US personnel regularly visit the factory to ensure that they continue to meet our high standards and exacting specifications.

We offer a market-leading warranty, and stand behind the product 100%. We are one of the very few companies that offers a complete line of replacement parts, so that even when a winch is out of warranty, it's 100% serviceable, and can be repaired. For those interested, the replacement parts are at the very bottom of this page: http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/q...adratec_winch/

In-the-field performance shows this is an outstanding winch. See, for example, this independent video:

Regarding "occasional use", only winches from Warn and Superwinch costing $800 or more are rated for frequent use. What does occasional use mean, for a Quadratec winch? It means give it a rest between pulls, and you'll be fine. Just don't use it for 24 hours straight, at Moab, winching every Jeep® at the event up a vertical incline!

Finally, it's important to be clear, Warn, and other companies make some very good winches. But the Quadratec winch offers an unbeatable combination of performance and value that will suit all but the most demanding customer requirements.

I hope this clears up some of the questions.

-Rick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Price Match,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
us for a quote
Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

•
•
•
•
•

post #124 of 126 Old 08-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Skeezer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec View Post
Hey everyone!

Just some notes here for those interested. There isn't one sweaty factory in China that all winches come from. We know there are some companies that private label winches from China that source from the lowest-priced factory, and that even use 3-4 different factories for their winches, to get the lowest price, but we know that makes it impossible to control quality. Quadratec personnel from the USA visited a lot of winch factories in China before selecting one of the very best to make the Quadratec winch. We worked with them to specify such features as hardened gear sets, stainless steel hardware, anodized aluminium tie bars, choices of solenoid mounting, and a durable powder-coat finish, and to have performance specifications that are, overall, better than any other winch at the price point. Our US personnel regularly visit the factory to ensure that they continue to meet our high standards and exacting specifications.

We offer a market-leading warranty, and stand behind the product 100%. We are one of the very few companies that offers a complete line of replacement parts, so that even when a winch is out of warranty, it's 100% serviceable, and can be repaired. For those interested, the replacement parts are at the very bottom of this page: http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/q...adratec_winch/

In-the-field performance shows this is an outstanding winch. See, for example, this independent video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i21dMh441JQ

Regarding "occasional use", only winches from Warn and Superwinch costing $800 or more are rated for frequent use. What does occasional use mean, for a Quadratec winch? It means give it a rest between pulls, and you'll be fine. Just don't use it for 24 hours straight, at Moab, winching every Jeep® at the event up a vertical incline!

Finally, it's important to be clear, Warn, and other companies make some very good winches. But the Quadratec winch offers an unbeatable combination of performance and value that will suit all but the most demanding customer requirements.

I hope this clears up some of the questions.

-Rick

Thank you for clarifying. You talked me off the ledge. I'm actually ordering the Q9500IS this week, FREE shipping would be nice but then again it's still cheaper than a comparable Superwinch elsewhere. I'm going to use the hell out of it and I'll post honest reviews along the way. Thank you, much appreciated.

2005 Rubicon
post #125 of 126 Old 08-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Quadratec
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying. You talked me off the ledge. I'm actually ordering the Q9500IS this week, FREE shipping would be nice but then again it's still cheaper than a comparable Superwinch elsewhere. I'm going to use the hell out of it and I'll post honest reviews along the way. Thank you, much appreciated.
You're welcome! Sounds good on that! Don't forget, you can have free Standard shipping (FedEx surcharges still apply though). Just shoot me a PM and I'll send you a link with how to order and apply the Jeep Forum Free Standard Shipping!

Thanks!

-Rick

We Price Match,
us for a quote
Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

•
•
•
•
•
post #126 of 126 Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Skeezer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you Sir!

2005 Rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in