New Quadratec brand winches? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 126 Old 02-12-2012, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
thejafe

2004 TJ Wrangler 

New Quadratec brand winches?

Looks like Quadratec is now offering their own line of winches. Very interesting, considering the price. Only $294.99 for a 9000lb winch? Only a one-year warranty though, and not available until March. Are these being manufactured by another company then labeled with the Quadratec logo?

http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/q...adratec_winch/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 126 Old 02-12-2012, 05:53 PM
woodie416
2011 JK Wrangler 

looks almost identical to my Smitty xrc8. Only differences are the control box and the clutch lever.

2011 JKUR 6 speed.
The Weekend Warrior
post #3 of 126 Old 02-12-2012, 06:05 PM
muddr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I am sure they have slapped there name on someone else's winch. But a 9,000 lb winch for under 300 bucks, I think I am all set.

If we knew what we were doing it woulnt be called research
Albert Einstein
There are no rules here, were trying to accomplish something.
Thomas Edison Keep Calm,Chive On

post #4 of 126 Old 02-12-2012, 06:23 PM
fmfa0801
2009 JK Wrangler 

I am gona get one. $300-400 isnt that much. I say worth a try!
post #5 of 126 Old 02-12-2012, 06:47 PM
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

its one year warranty on the electrical, lifetime on everything else, same as warn. theres another thread on it where the quadratec tech answers questions. sounds like a good deal but I think I'll wait to see what others say.

Do everything with a positive attitude, it won't always work but you'll piss enough people off to make it worthwhile.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
post #6 of 126 Old 02-12-2012, 07:00 PM
gunshw301

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I will wait a year and see how the reviews go. I don't jump on new items like this, though it probably is just restickered.
What they should do is offer one up for raffle to jf subscribers......yeah i know, need to reup! I like the color and price, we shall see.

F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 126 Old 02-13-2012, 06:38 AM
Quadratec
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe View Post
Looks like Quadratec is now offering their own line of winches. Very interesting, considering the price. Only $294.99 for a 9000lb winch? Only a one-year warranty though, and not available until March. Are these being manufactured by another company then labeled with the Quadratec logo?
It is a 1 year warranty on electrical and limited lifetime on mechanical components. We are not relabeling the winches. We have these made specifically for us and they were designed by us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie416 View Post
looks almost identical to my Smitty xrc8. Only differences are the control box and the clutch lever.
We use different internals than than the XRC-8 and I believe those are produced at a different facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddr1 View Post
I am sure they have slapped there name on someone else's winch. But a 9,000 lb winch for under 300 bucks, I think I am all set.
We designed these winches to fit the daily jeep driver's needs. They are made specifically for us, and are not a rebranded winch. Some appearances may seem similar to others, but the internals are the main difference that we were able to fully customize. We are also one of the few companies offering a 9000lb winch with 3/8th inch winch line.

-Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Price Match,
us for a quote
Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

•
•
•
•
•
post #8 of 126 Old 02-13-2012, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
thejafe

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec

It is a 1 year warranty on electrical and limited lifetime on mechanical components. We are not relabeling the winches. We have these made specifically for us and they were designed by us.

We use different internals than than the XRC-8 and I believe those are produced at a different facility.

We designed these winches to fit the daily jeep driver's needs. They are made specifically for us, and are not a rebranded winch. Some appearances may seem similar to others, but the internals are the main difference that we were able to fully customize. We are also one of the few companies offering a 9000lb winch with 3/8th inch winch line.

-Joe
Thanks for the info!!! Will these winches accept synthetic winch line?
post #9 of 126 Old 02-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshw301 View Post
Yeah I will wait a year and see how the reviews go. I don't jump on new items like this, though it probably is just restickered.
What they should do is offer one up for raffle to jf subscribers......yeah i know, need to reup! I like the color and price, we shall see.
They did it is in the Jeepforum 2012 Big Giveaway
post #10 of 126 Old 02-13-2012, 12:22 PM
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
They did it is in the Jeepforum 2012 Big Giveaway
just checked, I don't see it. quadratec is giving a $250.00 gift certificate.
the winches are warn and rugged ridge.

Do everything with a positive attitude, it won't always work but you'll piss enough people off to make it worthwhile.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
post #11 of 126 Old 02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Quadratec
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe View Post
Thanks for the info!!! Will these winches accept synthetic winch line?
Yup, you can use synthetic line on the winch without any issues.

-Joe

We Price Match,
us for a quote
Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

•
•
•
•
•
post #12 of 126 Old 02-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Xpress

1996 ZJ 

Garage
March huh? I might have to get one to try out, seeing as I need a good winch anyways...

Any JeepForum discounts?

'96 ZJ 5.2L, IRO 3.5" lift, KOR radiator support, MVF steering brace, IronMan 1 Ton
post #13 of 126 Old 02-17-2012, 03:29 AM
kennyboobear

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Stumbled upon these myself. Was just getting ready to pull the trigger on a WARN VR10,000-S but hmm.... I can't help but think "400$ for the 11klb? What've I got to lose?" Get a hawse for it and you're set....

Well played, cheap conscious, well played indeed.

Comparably the WARN is 746 ATM on Quadratec, but it does come with the synthetic line and hawse which are things I'd likely get for the Quadratec winch if I got it.... which pretty much nullifies the difference in price, and let's face it, a WARN is going to be better than a Quadratec winch in every single way. No offense intended Joe.

Oh damnit, I'm in mental limbo now....

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46
Get

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Mooneyham
Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.

post #14 of 126 Old 02-17-2012, 03:36 AM
robd2003

2002 WJ 

i might have to try too.. turning my k10 truck into my offroad toy, and well... the truck isnt light ha, so a decent winch is gonna cost a nice coin... might as well try it out right

Jeeps:
99' XJ<->5.5" Lift; 35's; SYE; Winch; much more goodies too
02' WJ<->Rebuilt from wreck, still stock
post #15 of 126 Old 02-17-2012, 05:24 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am gonna give one a shot its about all I can afford right now anyway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in