Need help with A/C Heater control not venting right - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-05-2016, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
andiesmeltzer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Need help with A/C Heater control not venting right

I have a 2005 TJ that for some reason it will only blow air out the defrost vent below the windshield. It will not blow out the front, along the doors, or at the floor. I replaced the A/C Heater Control Module. (This is a picture I stole off ebay, but it just shows what I replaced. This isnt my jeep and the control shown is for a jeep w/o Air.)

Swapping the out didnt make the air location work correctly. It still would not switch to blow out the front/face, sides by the door, or at the feet. It would only blow air out the defrost.

I can tell you that when I turn that 3rd mode knob from A/C over to defrost that all the settings work. It will switch from air to outside air to defrost. It just will not change coming out the vents that I want.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? or where I can start looking?

I checked the wiring harnesses from the A/C Heater control that lead to the firewall to make sure everything was plugged in and I didnt see any problems. I did have a mouse in the jeep over the winter and I wanted to make sure nothing was chewed.

I'd appreciate the help. Andrea

Last edited by andiesmeltzer; 08-05-2016 at 05:24 PM. Reason: picture location didnt work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-08-2016, 07:09 PM
OldJackTheJeep
2004 LJ Wrangler 

you have a vacume leak, a simple search for hvac would have turned this fact up.

Tags
air conditioning , blower , control , heater , vents

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in