Jeep & Willys Shop Signs - JeepForum.com
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 09-21-2020, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep & Willys Shop Signs

Am I the only one that likes to "decorate" my shop/man-cave with manly décor? Bare shop walls are boring.

I like to collect small metal signs related to Jeeps (and especially Flat Fender/Willys Jeeps) along with some random or related type signs (like WWII related - where the first Jeeps originated) and put them up for display in my shop. I've purchased them from multiple places over the years. So I thought I would post up one-or-two signs every day-or-so for fun till I run out of signs (will take a while).

If you have a Jeep-related sign of your own, post it up! If you can remember where you got your sign or can post a link, great! I will try to do the same. Posting a link to where we can purchase one like yours is great - but this is not a thread to post signs you own for sale. "Mildly adult" signs or pushing the edge a little bit is ok (like bikini clad women), but let's keep this clean - no nudes or bare "nips".

Note: I am not in the sign business. Mine are not for sale, and I am not connected in any way to any place I may place a link to. This is just for fun, and to share pictures of metal Jeep-related signs we may have, and sources where folks might be able to get one (or more!) of their own.

Just googling "Metal Jeep signs" or "Metal Willys signs" will get you all sorts of sources. If you're into the older Jeeps like me, use both "Jeep" and "Willys" as part of your search terms and go from there.

Here is a quick small section of my shop's signs. Pretty soon I'm going to have to move them closer to make room for more signs. And in case you're wondering, in the first picture that's a 98 TJ, a 46 Willys, and my lil' homemade adventure trailer (link to trailer build below in signature).

Attached Thumbnails
Signs.1.jpg   Signs.3.jpg  
Allen G. likes this.

You can teach manners, but you can't teach class.

Trailer build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 09-21-2020, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here's the first sign I'll post. I bought it at a Hobby Lobby store. I've actually got a lot of my Jeep signs from Hobby Lobby (who'da thought? Go check'm out if there's one local to you). I put it on the door to my shop.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=metal+signs

I scrolled through the link above, and saw a bunch of Jeep signs (I think I have most of them). I also found the one pictured below, but they're out of stock - at least on line (all the ones I've bought from Hobby Lobby [including the one below] I purchased in their actual stores and not on-line).

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Deco...ign/p/80987528
Attached Thumbnails
Signs.2.jpg  

Trailer build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 27 Old 09-21-2020, 09:35 PM
rdln
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Have one, its big. someday will have a heated shop and i will frame and backlight it.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20200921-232842_Facebook.jpg  

Steve
current: 98,99,01 xjs, 00 tj, 85 j20, 79 scout
rusted away: 79 cj7, 84 eagle 5dr, 78 waggy

post #4 of 27 Old 09-21-2020, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdln View Post
Have one, its big. someday will have a heated shop and i will frame and backlight it.
Nice! I would love to get a real dealership sign.

I found this one at Hobby Lobby one day (no, I don't work there - my wife likes to shop there, and it isn't a bad place to be dragged to by your wife if you're a guy and you think the store just sells fake flowers). The sign was a little more than I wanted to spend that day since I just bought a chain-saw at the TSC store located next door while my wife was shopping. I wasn't sure where I'd put the sign (although if gifted to me I'd find a place), and I already had one in that design in a smaller size.

A lot of times Hobby Lobby has their metal signs on sale 40 - 50% off. So I end up buying two instead of just the one. If your wife tells you she's going to Hobby Lobby to go shopping, offer to go with her!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep signs.5.jpg  

Trailer build:
post #5 of 27 Old 09-21-2020, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

And now to get off the Hobby Lobby train....

Another great place to find Willys/Jeep signs (and related paraphernalia) is https://www.militaryissue.com/

Click on the link and request a catalog. You learn a lot just from reading their catalogs. Signs are just a small part of their business (but they have a ton of them).

Type in "Jeep" or "Willys" in their search bar, and you'll get a lot of things popping up (including metal signs). Type in "Metal Signs" and you'll be there for a while. Especially if you're into WWII aviation-type signs (which are always nice to intersperse with your WWII Jeep signs).

https://www.historicaviation.com/ (same company, just more specific to aviation)

I've got quite a few signs from MiliaryIssue. And they have some I haven't got (yet). This one below I recently ordered and am waiting for it to be delivered (it counts - she's pictured sitting on a jeep; sometimes the Jeep is in the background for my Jeep signs):

https://www.militaryissue.com/V-E-Da...ctinfo/107675/
Attached Images

Trailer build:
post #6 of 27 Old 09-22-2020, 03:27 PM
speednjay

I like old signs not those fake wanna be ones.
post #7 of 27 Old 09-22-2020, 03:58 PM
downs

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
I've got some old XJ magazine adverts in picture frames around my garage. I've been keeping an eye out for old AMC Jeep or Jeep/Eagle signs and advert material.

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4X4 Stock
AW4/NP231/C8.25/D30/"UpCounty" suspension
post #8 of 27 Old 09-23-2020, 08:11 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the tip on Hobby Lobby.

I have a driveway that joins two streets and I wanted to put up the 4 Wheel Dr signs on either end. I wasn't paying $17 each for 4 of them. $8.50 each was a much better price.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #9 of 27 Old 09-23-2020, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednjay View Post
I like old signs not those fake wanna be ones.
Who wouldn't like an original old sign? Show me what you've got or an example of what you're talking about, and tell us how we can get one.

I'm not one of those "all or nothing" folks (who when pressed, usually what they've got is nothing). I'd rather have something than nothing. These signs I'm talking about are for fun - conversation or decoration pieces.

So till then, most of us will have to content with these "wanna-be" signs. I think of them more as "garage bling" or "Jeep tribute signs". They brighten up my shop. Some of mine I like more than others.

Here are two of my favorites (I believe I got them both from MilitaryIssue). The left one shows a nice picture of an early military Flat Fender (fortunately the girl in the picture isn't blocking the view of the Jeep). Willys - made in the USA.

And the one on the right... well I spent a few years in the 82nd jumping out of perfectly good airplanes so I have a special place in my heart for the 82nd, and it kinda follows the theme of the WWII era. Only a few of my signs have ladies in them; these two just happen to be side-by-side. I've passed on a few metal Jeep signs because the ladies showed a bit too much flesh.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep signs.1.jpg  
downs likes this.

Trailer build:
post #10 of 27 Old 09-23-2020, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranbiz View Post
Thanks for the tip on Hobby Lobby.

I have a driveway that joins two streets and I wanted to put up the 4 Wheel Dr signs on either end. I wasn't paying $17 each for 4 of them. $8.50 each was a much better price.
Glad I could be of help.

I'm not one for putting a bunch of decorations/decals and such on my vehicles or trailer. But I did get two of those Four Wheel Dr signs; one is on the shop's wall, and one is on my lil' adventure trailer. I thought it would look just right there (especially when pulled behind a Jeep).
Attached Thumbnails
Overland Adventure.1 (2).jpg  

Trailer build:
post #11 of 27 Old 09-23-2020, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here are two more pictures.

The one on the left is probably one of my top three favorites, and I've had it for years. It just reminds me of being in the PNW, and being outdoors with the Willys. I don't remember where I got it from (I'll have to do a google search for a source). Sometimes at swap meets or fairs there will be a vendor selling nothing but these types of metal signs with all sorts of different themes.

The one on the right I probably got from Hobby Lobby. Seems like I've done a lot of fixing stuff over the years (and still do) for my wife and kids.

And... a quick google search brought up a link for the American Rebel sign (I'll have to check them out and see what else they've got Jeep related):

http://www.toywonders.com/site09/die...5_49p7376.html
Attached Thumbnails
Signs.5.jpg   Signs.4.jpg  

Trailer build:
post #12 of 27 Old 09-24-2020, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Today's signs:

Top picture: The one on the left I'm not sure where I got it. Some of these signs I've had for years, and had been carrying them around during my multiple Army moves before I retired and settled down in WA state. The one on the right is probably a Hobby Lobby find.

Bottom picture: It is always a score when I can find a sign with "Willys" on it (and even better when there's a flatty in the picture). I think I got this one from a vendor's booth at a fair or something like that. Next time you're at a local fair and someone has a booth selling signs, check them out! You never know what you'll find.

Whatever you do, don't go to Amazon or Ebay and type in "metal sign jeep" in the search bar. You'll find a ton of Jeep and Willys metal signs. I saw quite a few that I thought "I need that one... and that one...".
Attached Thumbnails
Signs.7.jpg   Signs.6.jpg  

Trailer build:
post #13 of 27 Old 09-25-2020, 07:13 AM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Great thread, Army.

Build Thread:

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

post #14 of 27 Old 09-25-2020, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ View Post
Great thread, Army.
Thanks! I'm hoping at least somebody will get something out of it. And hope others have something to share. I know it isn't your typical Jeep Forum thread.

Here's todays' pictures. They sell a lot of these signs in a smaller size, and of course some of them are round. I also get some that are not specifically Jeep related if they have some sort of connection to me (or if I just think they're cool). I think most of these are Hobby Lobby finds.

I drove Route 66 last year pretty much from end-to-end after participating in Four-Wheeler Magazine's Ultimate Adventure East 2019 (I'm supposed to be featured in their upcoming November issue). So that little Route 66 sign actually means something to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Signs.8.jpg   Trip.1 (2).jpg  
Zeep, NashvilleTJ and downs like this.

Trailer build:
post #15 of 27 Old 09-26-2020, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Today's signs - more along the garage wall.

One thing you can do is get a picture enlarged, and then frame it and mount it. I did that with three in this first picture. One is of my Willys when I was trying to get up a ledge (before I put a lock-right in the front to go with the one in the rear). The other one is of my TJ when we were crossing the line at the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival when we helped set the world record for the most Jeeps in a parade (2015). Another one is just a shot that was taken when there were a couple of us flattys on a run (20+ years ago?). As years go by, fewer and fewer flattys are out there actually four-wheeling.

The "Jeep Country" sign I'm not enthused about (I'll be honest). It is bright an colorful, but the only reason I got it (from Hobby Lobby) was that there was a TJ in the picture. Any other Jeep model (other than a flatty) and I would have passed on it. I try to stick to Willys Jeeps (flat fenders) or TJ's. If the sign has a YJ or a JK as the main Jeep in the picture (even a CJ5 or CJ7), then I'll pass on it. Of course, you may be different.

All three signs in the bottom picture I believe were from Hobby Lobby. In the top picture, top row the two Jeep related metal signs were from Hobby Lobby, as was the round diamond plate Jeep sign. The Jeep blue and white sign I'm not sure where I got it.

The Finck's Overalls sign I've had for a swear decades - no idea where I got it - I just liked it (I think you can still get it). I dunno - something about a picture with a pig in it just seems right along with my Jeep pictures. Maybe because they both like to play in the mud?
Attached Thumbnails
Signs.9.jpg   Signs.10.jpg  

Trailer build:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in