Interior Protection Recomendations - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-02-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
skippertech
1998 FSJ Cherokee 

Interior Protection Recomendations

I have a new 2018 4 Door Jeep Wrangler JL. The goal is to just keep this thing as nice as possible (while still being able to drive it.

I am trying to figure out a good way to haul my skis in it. I won't have a full cab so I don't really need to go roof racks(which a lot of people say are pretty bad for your skis).

I was looking at equipment like this to protect the sides from scratches: https://www.amazon.com/Giraffes-Mens...333530&sr=8-31

Does anyone have any experience, or recommendations for good ways to protect the interior? Product recommendations? Experience?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-02-2019, 08:48 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Hard to say about the smitty built anything tends to be sub par poorly made. But that looks fairly simple. short of wrapping them in a blanket. The bigger issue is how you stow them so they dont become objects in flight if say you hit anything, or turn it over. How they get mounted inside so they dont move, at all are out of the way etc.. Once that is figured out they can't hurt the inside since they can't move.

Dont think you will find much off the shelf for this. Skis can be long unless your a midget, snow boarder?. They are some what heavy, at least not something you want smacking you up side the head just when the airbag is going to smack your face. Might be why most you see mounted up on the roof. Unless you had say a larger suv where say it has 8' in the back then you have room to just strap them down to the bed. I know the wifes Excursion this would be simple since you about can park a car in it.

i needed a way to hold axles in my jeep 2 door and not kill no one or scratch the inside up, not take up room and keep the weigh low as possible. No one makes such a thing. I made a axle tree they mount to that comes off the B pillar of the harness roll bar then bolted to and through the floor. Now the jeep even in a roll those stay put and they are real heavy. It can even hold a tire if needed and has inside the jeep vertically. necessity is mother of invention. So build it if it dont exists. Smitty sucks and Epstein did not kill him self.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-05-2019, 10:35 AM
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

A $10 tarp from Walmart.

I would want them outside. It might be a littler harder on the skis but not so hard on the Jeep and possible not so hard on you if you do have an accident of some sort.

01TJ33sWarn,ARBs F&R,bellyup,4.0,4.56s,5spd
99 XJ33sWinch,Electric locker up front,4.56s,4.0Auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in