Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

I need help! Multiple OBD-II codes on check engine light.

559 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CJ7-Tim 
#1 ·
So I just bought a 2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE 2.4L 4-cylinder and after a couple days of driving, I noticed the check engine light came on. There are multiple codes that come up during testing, which include 0340, 0123, 0320, 0352, and 1391. It runs fine for the most part. The check engine light turns off if I let the Jeep sit parked for 24+ hours but then comes back on after five minutes of driving again. If I go on a long road trip, the engine starts having more troubles, for example, shuts off during idle and misfires occasionally.

I already replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor in hopes of fixing the 0340 code but the code is still there. All of these code definitions have "circuit" in them which makes me think they could all be leading to an electrical issue. With all of these error codes, does anyone know what the problem might be and what I could do or where to start? Thank you.

OBD-II Trouble Codes:
0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit
0123 - Throttle Position Sensor 1 Circuit High
0320 - Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction
0352 - Ignition Coil B Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction
1391 - CMP or CKP Signal Intermittent Condition

See less See more
#2 ·
Always begin your OBD-II diagnostics with the lowest numbered trouble codes. Higher number trouble codes are often caused by faulty data generated by whatever circuit or sensor has the root cause malfunction. And, yes you should consider wire plug and wire harness issues as a suspect for the reason the PCM cannot detect the sensor data.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.