I didn't lift it enough... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-05-2013, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
xxxxxxxTunesUpTopDown
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I didn't lift it enough...

93 YJ with 2.5" lift oldmanemu springs and shocks and 5/8" lift Terflex kickback shackles. 2" bodylift. Homeade 1" t-case drop and 2 degree rear shims. 32" tires and stock 4.0 and running gear. Thoughts on putting a 1" "add a leaf" in my springs? Will I need new shocks, an SYE or something else expensive and time consuming? I'm sure I'm not thinking about something. What is it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Indy

A yj only needs a 3-4" suspension lift for those tires. Reading the list youve added, first thing id do if it was given to me is rip it all off and do it right.

I'm the only gay eskimo.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-05-2013, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
xxxxxxxTunesUpTopDown
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Right being?...

post #4 of 7 Old 08-08-2013, 07:01 AM
notmyj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxxxTunesUpTopDown View Post
Right being?...
SYE and CV shaft, put the skid back where it was (or go with a flatter one). Why lift the jeep, only to drop the skid back down??? Break over angle is a very important thing.

I wouldn't do anything to the OME springs. They are VERY good springs. I would focus on getting the suspension to work better, not taller. Did you toss the track and sway bars? are the shocks the right length? (Not longer, but right. There is a difference). Brake lines long enough? The body lift height is questionable. Personally, 1.25" is the max I have ever gone and don't reccomend any higher.

I ran 35's on a YJ with 5/8" shackles, 3.5" springs and TJ flares with no body lift. You dont need more height, you get it set up better, and probably taller tires.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If it has tracks, tires or tits, its gonna cause a problem.

"Everytime someone "upgrades" a D35, an angel looses its wings."

"Dizzy" - What SnoopDog would call a Distributor if he was a mechanic. I cringe every time I hear this moronic term

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
Send lawyers, guns and money. The **** has hit the fan...
92, 4.0, AW4, 8.8, D30, 15x10, 37's, SOA etc, etc
92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)
post #5 of 7 Old 08-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Indy

the more you throw at a problem gives more points of potential failure and more things that can go wrong. instead of 1 inch springs and 1 inch shacks and a 1 inch body lift, you would do better and be " right" with just a 3 inch suspension. then a t case drop just says up all the real estate you just bought, but a sye makes it ' right' again.

there is definitely more than 1 way to skin this cat, but the numbers you're giving should give more clearance than needed for the tires, so something isn't right.

I'm the only gay eskimo.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-09-2013, 07:37 AM
JeeperDon
Think Outside the Catalog

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Tunes kid... You never said what your intention was with the Jeep for off-road. Are you just trying to make something to look cool in the high school parking lot? At your age and finances, stick with the tunes and top thing unless you really plan to use it as the dirt and rock gods intended.

'93 YJ, '02 GM 4.3V6, SOA, dual ARB's, 8.8+D30(WarnHubs), 4.88s, 35" Patagonia M/Ts, AX15, NP231+4:1+SYE+2LO, York OBA.
Web Admin for

post #7 of 7 Old 08-18-2013, 06:59 PM
jfive

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Did you add TJ flares for extra clearance?

Cheers,
John
'11 JKU
'88 YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in