Gear to tick of people who tick me off. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 67 Old 05-21-2013, 12:53 PM
wj_brillo
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
If you are referring to Glendale CA, then you are a complete idiot. What you did, would get you about 15 years in the state prison system in California. And, you didn't even get to shoot him.
I believe he is referring to Glendale, AZ. Perfectly legal here to do what he did, he didn't threaten, but just exercised his right to properly defend himself by showing his weapon with intent of self defense. It is a felony to enact road rage in AZ. The complete "idiot" per-say, would be the person living in Glendale, CA lol. Apparently they don't like you defending yourself there.

to the poster, I'm assuming he had a Breaking Bad flash back lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 67 Old 05-21-2013, 12:54 PM
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
When one has a CCW license/permit, you have to behave like a mature adult. You can't keep escelating the situation until you "get" to pull your weapon in true self defense (not just intimidation).
So true. Although I usually have my cc on me, I also carry a 13 oz. bear spray in the car since here in Ohio you can't shoot a guy for punching you unless it is in your own home. The bear spray is good for about 30 feet and the US Forest Service says it will usually discourage an 800 pound bear. I think it is a pretty good alternative. Also, there is no ballistics test for bear spray. So, if you are not arrested on the scene, the road to a criminal charge is pretty twisted unless you admit to it. and, why would anyone ever speak to the police if they are investigating a crime where you may be the suspect.

03 Rubicon; 99 xj with too much stuff to list; Unimog 406 (gone)
post #33 of 67 Old 05-21-2013, 01:25 PM
CrawlingForward

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Why has no one made note of the awesome idea of the rear windshield fluid nozzle, ha ha.

It's distracting and bemusing without being dangerous. A bit passive aggressive perhaps, but completely hilarious. It's like peeing on someones car.

If they get furious, just go "oh, is it doing that again? rats."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat

post #34 of 67 Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 PM
sxysouthtx

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you are referring to Glendale CA, then you are a complete idiot. What you did, would get you about 15 years in the state prison system in California. And, you didn't even get to shoot him.
Hey Mr. Knowitall. Keep your mouth shut. If someone is speaking of Phoenix,AZ and someone mentions another town in reference to that area, it's probably because it is the area they were speaking about. 2nd, I am no idiot. I usually never get into internet arguments, but you make me want to smash your skull. First off, you weren't there. If you feel your life is in imminent danger, you have all the rights to protect yourself. Which I did. Now get back on the safety of a keyboard and spout off more words of wisdom. Oh, the most important part of this was about the guy tailgating me and driving dangerously almost killing me. And the super cool part was he could have easily read my war veteran license plate, but chose to disrespect me and endanger everyone on the road. I hope someone comes after you in the street, but instead of defending yourself you cower and run off. There are many more things I would love to personally say to you, but being jeepforum, I can't tell you to kill yourself. Good day.

Not much motion in the ocean, but I'm the captain.
post #35 of 67 Old 05-21-2013, 01:58 PM
tucsonzj

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well this escalated quickly.

i'll throw my .02 in for fun. I live with Mas*h***s. The driving around here directly fits the name. Driving a lifted steel tank helps back some off but not all. I hate drivers around here and I use my horn and my finger to let people know what I think of their driving. People here are also gun happy, mind you the gun laws here suck (seriously, have to have a permit for pepper spray, wtf?). My life is not worth some idiots, he can lose his I'll keep mine. I am happy to defend myself, but not at a dumb cost when I could just as easily outsmart the other idiots to avoid injury or death. Now i'm not military, I have the utmost respect for military service (mind you not always the person, but always the service), but they teach more then brute force in military correct? I know they do, it's called tactics. It is smarter to protect myself by pulling off and letting them go on their dumb*** way and hope they wrap their vehicle around a pole instead of taking me out with them.

Defending myself, always if necessary. My vehicle is a deadly weapon, why do I need to get out to protect myself? I don't (sometimes yes, in road rage situations probably less likely), many times a steel bumper driven by a 5.2L V8 would remove the threat or at least make it viable for me to get away unharmed. So you tell me, which sounds like the best idea here? Jump out and provoke someone to do something dumb, or play defense?

His:00 TJ "Fiona" stuff/stuff/stuff
95 ZJ 3.5" w/242 swap-Sold
Hers: 15 JK Sahara-3" Teraflex
post #36 of 67 Old 05-21-2013, 02:00 PM
TheSlowDown
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysouthtx View Post
Hey Mr. Knowitall. Keep your mouth shut. If someone is speaking of Phoenix,AZ and someone mentions another town in reference to that area, it's probably because it is the area they were speaking about. 2nd, I am no idiot. I usually never get into internet arguments, but you make me want to smash your skull. First off, you weren't there. If you feel your life is in imminent danger, you have all the rights to protect yourself. Which I did. Now get back on the safety of a keyboard and spout off more words of wisdom. Oh, the most important part of this was about the guy tailgating me and driving dangerously almost killing me. And the super cool part was he could have easily read my war veteran license plate, but chose to disrespect me and endanger everyone on the road. I hope someone comes after you in the street, but instead of defending yourself you cower and run off. There are many more things I would love to personally say to you, but being jeepforum, I can't tell you to kill yourself. Good day.
Why so serious? It's just a forum... not life or death.

None of us is perfect. I've done things that pissed people off on the road. Sometimes intentionally which is admittedly stupid and in the end pretty counterproductive.

Some people behind the wheel are having bad days, bad news, are on medication, crazy, drugged-out, tired, whatever... Being compassionate and having thick skin goes a long way.

Your stress and attitude won't improve anything on the road. Instead get off the road, have a cold one (or two or three) and relax!
post #37 of 67 Old 05-21-2013, 03:23 PM
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlowDown View Post
Why so serious? It's just a forum... not life or death.

None of us is perfect. I've done things that pissed people off on the road. Sometimes intentionally which is admittedly stupid and in the end pretty counterproductive.

Some people behind the wheel are having bad days, bad news, are on medication, crazy, drugged-out, tired, whatever... Being compassionate and having thick skin goes a long way.

Your stress and attitude won't improve anything on the road. Instead get off the road, have a cold one (or two or three) and relax!
This is what happens when you let a nut job out of his cage. Walking around showing his big old gun like a homeboy in the hood. Run them off with his big ole gun. He is so serious he is going to kill someone or someone is gonna kill him.

sxysouthtx is the reason that a growing number of our fellow citizens want to remove our right to carry. And, if we were all like the nut case sxysouthtx they would be right.

What that nut job needs is not a few drinks. He is probably 100 times worse drunk. What he needs is a straight jacket and some Prozac.

post #38 of 67 Old 05-21-2013, 03:35 PM
tucsonzj

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
This is what happens when you let a nut job out of his cage. Walking around showing his big old gun like a homeboy in the hood. Run them off with his big ole gun. He is so serious he is going to kill someone or someone is gonna kill him.

sxysouthtx is the reason that a growing number of our fellow citizens want to remove our right to carry. And, if we were all like the nut case sxysouthtx they would be right.

What that nut job needs is not a few drinks. He is probably 100 times worse drunk. What he needs is a straight jacket and some Prozac.
would you like the red or the blue pill *hint the red one will calm you, the blue will give you a huge hard on*

post #39 of 67 Old 05-21-2013, 04:36 PM
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
would you like the red or the blue pill *hint the red one will calm you, the blue will give you a huge hard on*
I guess you heard the expression, red pill or blue pill but didn't actually see The Matrix. Am I right or am I right?

post #40 of 67 Old 05-21-2013, 04:46 PM
HurricaneRZA

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
Seems I took the wrong pill. Huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
This is the most metal thing I have ever heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublins View Post
I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.
post #41 of 67 Old 05-21-2013, 04:57 PM
tucsonzj

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I guess you heard the expression, red pill or blue pill but didn't actually see The Matrix. Am I right or am I right?
you're wrong, or you're wrong. No wait, you're wrong.

Whole point was it's not like the movie. And if you don't get the blue pill reference I made. Oh well

post #42 of 67 Old 05-22-2013, 02:17 AM
74Maverick
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCrawford64 View Post
What's up with the grandpa answers? Did ya'll lose the rest of your testosterone or something? Where is your wild side? One guy said he just avoids contact and presses on. I would be too ashamed to admit that. Sorry, if that offends you.
Yeah for some reason you get a ton of grandpa answers on this forum. Usually they will have thousands of posts while only being joined for a few years. No offense people. Im sure alot of those posts were jeep helpful. These "grandpa answers" arent always from senoir citizens. Just middle aged folks who have gotten way to comfortable with the modern world. And no offense here people. Alot of the civilization seems to have lost its gumption. The worlds most powerful nation ever founded by crazy hooligan rebels has turned into one of the most conforming unknowingly terrified populations. Most dont think about it but they are scared off their a$& that something might take them out of their comfort zone. I really dont know what happened to them. And then you get the crowd that truely beleives that they must have a gun at all times and that they will be murdered and raped(in that order) if they dont tell everyone online that they are packing.
Its a wonderfully boring and predictable thing that you cant take a piss around here on the forum without some one sneaking on your thread and pulling a gun showoff post(which turns into debate post immediately) on you.
Really please id be glad to hear all about your shiny toy and what brand of ammo you use, and how often you fondle it in public. Remember no offense to anybody here, just everybody everywhere.

Sorry about getting long winded there. When you drive 13 hours a day talking only to the road, you tend to get a little ranty .

By the way a good trucker story about dealing with bad drivers. A guy i know was driving when someone did some f'd up manuever that made him jam the brakes, so he got beside him, throttled down, then chucked an open piss bottle at the guys car. Well it went right in the guys open window and into his lap. Dude pulled pulled right off and faded in the rear view.

The Last Great American Hero... the demi-god... to which speed means freedom of the soul.
post #43 of 67 Old 05-22-2013, 09:59 AM
TJDaveX

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Tailgaters. Take the carpet out and pop the drain plug on the driver's side. Keep a cup of pea gravel in your cup holder. "Accidently" drop some gravel on the floor. Use your foot to push it out the drain hole without making your body look like you are reaching downward in any way.

Not for your average tailgater, but someone who is seriously and unsafely up your rear.

Disclaimer: I have never personally done this, and do not condone such activity or poor advise.
post #44 of 67 Old 05-22-2013, 11:15 AM
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Maverick View Post
Yeah for some reason you get a ton of grandpa answers on this forum. Usually they will have thousands of posts while only being joined for a few years. No offense people. Im sure alot of those posts were jeep helpful. These "grandpa answers" arent always from senoir citizens. Just middle aged folks who have gotten way to comfortable with the modern world. And no offense here people. Alot of the civilization seems to have lost its gumption.
As the official "grandpa" spokesman here, let me explain.

30 years ago, I considered it my personal duty to correct the bad behavior of people on the road. If they were tailgaiting me, I didn't just "brake check" them. I slammed on the brakes, put rubber on the road, and hoped that they swerved off the road and hit something real solid. Then I shot them the middle finger and put my foot into it. And, every now and then, there would be jackets off and a few punches thrown at the next light. As a big guy with a bad attitude, I usually gave as good as I got.

Gradually over the last 30 years, society has changed. Every bro in da hood has an illegal weapon on him or in his car, felony charges already pending against him, and a hateful attitude. This hateful attitude is returned with interest by most every low life of every kind, color and description to the point that today, our "neighbors" settle their minor conflicts with guns. Not fists or even bats. Every day in my town someone is shot over some minor nonsense.

Now, I would still like to deal out some punishment to the morons among us. But, I am not willing to let the liberal pantywaists that run my town decide if I am to stand trial for some conflict or the other guy will. And, today all of these perps know that if it comes down to a "he said she said", they will walk.

The moron who started this by threatening some unarmed guy with a 1911 is lucky not to have been shot himself, and if he had, guaranteed, there would be a claim of self defense, by some low life who just happened to have his gun handy. They know to say that the 1911 was pointed right at him and the guy said "I'm goona kill you." You think they don't know to say that? Spend a little time in criminal court in a big city and you will hear that tale from every perp as the reason shots were fired. They even say it when there is no other gun.

Not for me. You guys can be heroes of the boulevard and get some poor schlubs to back down if you want, but one in every three of them will cap your sorry *** and make it look like it was your fault.

post #45 of 67 Old 05-22-2013, 11:32 AM
tucsonzj

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
As the official "grandpa" spokesman here, let me explain.

30 years ago, I considered it my personal duty to correct the bad behavior of people on the road. If they were tailgaiting me, I didn't just "brake check" them. I slammed on the brakes, put rubber on the road, and hoped that they swerved off the road and hit something real solid. Then I shot them the middle finger and put my foot into it. And, every now and then, there would be jackets off and a few punches thrown at the next light. As a big guy with a bad attitude, I usually gave as good as I got.

Gradually over the last 30 years, society has changed. Every bro in da hood has an illegal weapon on him or in his car, felony charges already pending against him, and a hateful attitude. This hateful attitude is returned with interest by most every low life of every kind, color and description to the point that today, our "neighbors" settle their minor conflicts with guns. Not fists or even bats. Every day in my town someone is shot over some minor nonsense.

Now, I would still like to deal out some punishment to the morons among us. But, I am not willing to let the liberal pantywaists that run my town decide if I am to stand trial for some conflict or the other guy will. And, today all of these perps know that if it comes down to a "he said she said", they will walk.

The moron who started this by threatening some unarmed guy with a 1911 is lucky not to have been shot himself, and if he had, guaranteed, there would be a claim of self defense, by some low life who just happened to have his gun handy. They know to say that the 1911 was pointed right at him and the guy said "I'm goona kill you." You think they don't know to say that? Spend a little time in criminal court in a big city and you will hear that tale from every perp as the reason shots were fired. They even say it when there is no other gun.

Not for me. You guys can be heroes of the boulevard and get some poor schlubs to back down if you want, but one in every three of them will cap your sorry *** and make it look like it was your fault.
Nail on the head.

Has nothing to do with all of us being a giant wuss or not willing to defend ourselves. There's enough stupid people out there and my life, either dead or spent in prison is not worth some road rage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in