Currie's Brackets WARNING - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-07-2010, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Srgslaughterav

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Currie's Brackets WARNING

Ok just wanted to put this out there. I am kinda bummed right now. I was helping Rausch Creek put on demos at the ALL TRUCK NATIONALS in Carlisle,PA today. Last pass of the day I had my front lower trac bar bracket tear off the axle. At first I thought no big deal i'll fix it and it will be better then it was. Which is still gonna happen. Then I started thinking about things a little bit. Last week I noticed my upper trac bar mount was 3/4 tore thourgh the lentgh of the bracket. So I welded that and braced it so it would not happen again. A couple of months ago. I had a shock mount tear off. I just installed these axles in november of 09. They haven't been wheeled hard. Currie being the company they are you would think that the stuff would be tough and should hold up. NOW IN NO WAY AM I TRYING GIVE CURRIE A BAD NAME!!!!! They are an awsome company. I have thier front and rear anti sway bars, all control arms and a few other stuff on my jeep. They are great people and I have been impressed with them as a company. I will be calling currie on tuesday to talk to them in a professional manner. I think they should know that they had or still have a problem with the brakets on there axles. If they don't know they have a problem they can't fix it. So this is a messeage to all of you as well. If you have curries axles then maybe you should take a min and check them out. And if you do wheel then it maybe a good idea to just brace a few brackets before they break. If my bracket would have broke driving down the road there would be a good chance that I would not be writing this messeage right now. Nobody would have even guessed the cause of the accident either. In my neck of the woods it would have been chalked off as a deer incident.

4" short arm lift, Anti rock sway bars front and rear. hard rock Front and rear bumbers, Warn 9.5ti winch,Undercover fab engine and tc skid,genright extreme gas tank, AtoZ Fabrication rocker guards, metal cloak fenders all around,JKS bar pin elminators, Viair Extreme Duty OBA system, Cobra CB, 37'' iroks on trailready beadlocks , NP231 Novak shifter tera low 4:1 with 2 low kit and SYE , CV ds, rockjock 3 front and rear dana60's with front and rear ARB with 4:88's.PSC hydro assist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-07-2010, 09:00 PM
TSEJEEPERS

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wow that does not look any better than the stock trac bar bracket.

93 YJ SOA 2" springs front, XJ springs rear w/main leaf added, High pinon 9 inch rear detroit locker front Dana 44 ARB 4.56 Gears, 36 inch Irok tires too much to list.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-07-2010, 09:07 PM
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Did the welds break or the brackets themselves?

post #4 of 9 Old 08-07-2010, 09:42 PM
DaleII

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Seems a little odd for Currie. I'm sure they will rectify the problem. Interested to see what happens.

2005 Silver LJ
post #5 of 9 Old 08-08-2010, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Srgslaughterav

2005 TJ Wrangler 

No welds broke. It was the metal itself. Its like taking a piece of paper and ripping it in two. Thats what it looks like. They all tore at a bend in the metal. Which if it was going to tear I would expect it to tear there then somewhere else. But still should not have happened. I will post back when I talk to them.

4" short arm lift, Anti rock sway bars front and rear. hard rock Front and rear bumbers, Warn 9.5ti winch,Undercover fab engine and tc skid,genright extreme gas tank, AtoZ Fabrication rocker guards, metal cloak fenders all around,JKS bar pin elminators, Viair Extreme Duty OBA system, Cobra CB, 37'' iroks on trailready beadlocks , NP231 Novak shifter tera low 4:1 with 2 low kit and SYE , CV ds, rockjock 3 front and rear dana60's with front and rear ARB with 4:88's.PSC hydro assist
post #6 of 9 Old 09-27-2010, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Srgslaughterav

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ok guys sorry it took me so long to get back. Ive had some other "life" problems in which were more important then the jeep. I know its hard to believe but really its possible. LOL.

Anyway. After looking things over a little more. I realized that some of the welds were not up to par. Some welds where more on the axle then the bracket and some the other way around.

I called Currie and talked to Chris. Which is who sold them to me in the first place and helped me a great deal from the start. With in a min of talking to him. He put me through to John Currie himself. Mr.Currie was not pleased at all and basically said that it should not have happened. And even admitted that the welder may not have been up to par that day the axles were made. To me this means a great deal. I had sent him pics to look at. I was on the phone with him for about 45 mins. Discussing the type of rig I have and the type of wheeling I do. He never once doubted me! Which was really nice. Most places I deal with pretty much brush you off as someone that has no clue what they are doing or talking about. Basically all his questions for me was to help him understand what he needs to do to make his brackets stronger. So others don't have the same problem as I did. He had a bracket made up that has a lot more support and more area to weld to the axle. No charge to me at all. He made it quite clear that if I ever had anymore problems that I was to give him a call back. He would then help me out to the best of his ability. So problem solved and a lot learned from both parties.

Currie is an excelent company to deal with. I will be parshal to all of thier product from now on. I have learned that they will be decent towards you and do everything in thier power to help you out.

post #7 of 9 Old 09-27-2010, 06:47 PM
DaleII

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds good! Glad everything worked out.

2005 Silver LJ
post #8 of 9 Old 09-27-2010, 07:34 PM
fishinjeeper

2001 TJ Wrangler 

i love it when they have great service....glad they helped you out

Find God, your gonna need him.
Captain of the Little Liberator.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

John Currie's positive/concerned reaction doesn't surprise me in the least. I've spoken to him several times over the years and he is an awesome individual, I have no doubt that only good things will happen as a result of your issue.

When you have a choice, buy American made.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in